Ok, it now works. Well, kinda.

I think I must have originally also had a lib directory directly inside the EAR, as well as in the WAR, which was what was confusing Geronimo. Removed that, and my bean didn't start. Removed the (small but important) bits of code that relied on that, and everything works. Except it doesn't do logging anymore for my MDB. Works fine everywhere else.

Apologies for not having the faintest idea what my problem was, but there we go. I now have a new problem, however: How do I reference the stuff in the WAR from my MDB JAR? I'm sure I saw information on this somewhere, but I closed it because I thought I had a different problem :(. I can't duplicate the JARS, as I'm sure that'll cause a vast multitude of problems. I really just want to be able to reference them easily, so that I don't have to worry about this when coding my application. In fact, it's going to be very necessary to communicate between the WAR and the MDB for it to be of any use at all (AJAX stuff communicating between browser and database via Java app). Basically need the WAR to be processed first, and then have the MDB JAR processed, so that I can then reference all the classes in the WAR.

Is this possible? If not, what's the best alternative? Can I chuck my MDB into the WAR? I'd be very surprised if I could do that. And I don't know if that would solve any of my issues anyway...

The exact location of the classfiles doesn't matter, just so long as it all works...

Feh. This is starting to do my head in. Won't be posting again for nearly 24 hours (I only work part-time).

Anyway, thanks again,

- Andrew