On May 10, 2008, at 2:20 PM, John wrote:

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed Geronimo 2.1.1 on linux running in a Java6 JVM.  I have set up some virtual hosts and managed to deploy and run a couple of applications (deployed as WARs) running inside Geronimo on one of our test machines.  The tricky thing was creating the correct mod_rewrite rules running in a virtual hosting environment.

However, when I create the configuration (same JVM, same version of geronimo) and the exact same workers.properties file configuration along with the correct mod_rewrites, in our production environment, I get a 404 when trying to access a basic URL.  I see that the URL is properly translated according to the rewrite rules, however, the page cannot be found.

I followed the configuration examples at:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configure-apache-httpd-with-jakarta-tomcat-connector-modjk.html

Here is a snippet of my httpd.conf:

JkMount /appName/* default

Here is my workers.properties:

workers.java_home=/esa/java/jdk-1.6.0_04
ps=/
worker.list=default
worker.default.type=ajp13
worker.default.host=localhost
worker.default.port=8009

I have not altered the default geronimo installation configuration beyond just unzipping the tar file.

The applications deploy and start correctly, however, I cannot access them by their URL and I am interested in any help that might get me past this...

I'm not very a very good resource for httpd integration. Is the network configuration different for your production environment? Is httpd running on the same machine as Geronimo? If so, does 'localhost' resolve properly? Can you access Geronimo directly (bypassing httpd)?

--kevan