Yes it works (ie open and close cleanly). Actually it was not a deep problem for me as the client I was working for on this is (of course ;o) using a Linux Server on production.
I will update the OFBIz guidelines with your comments, they will certainly help people in the future...
Thanks a bunch
----- Original Message -----
From: Kevan Miller
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: Security manager issue under Windows XP

On May 18, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Hi All,
I'm an Apache OFBiz commiter. Recently I done some work to allow OFBiz to run under WASCE 2.0.1 and Geronimo 2.0.3
But I'm now facing an issue on Windows XPsp2: I can't run WASCE with a security manager settled from the command line using options. I get the error below. Note that this is working properly under Linux (Ubuntu and Suze as well). Am I missing someting or should I open a Jira issue  ? (I tried also, but I guess it's the same)

As posted on the corresponding Jira, here's a work-around:

Set the Xorg.apache.geronimo.JarFileClassLoader property to "false". E.g.:

set -DXorg.apache.geronimo.JarFileClassLoader=false

Your should be able to start Geronimo, now. This isn't really a fix. However, for a relatively static deployment of Geronimo, this should work fine. If you're using the server as a development environment and repeatedly deploying/undeploying applications you'll find that deployment artifacts are not properly deleted and you also may encounter ClassLoader memory leaks.