geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Thorburn" <nzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EAR can't find WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 02:32:11 GMT
Encountered another part of the problem:

I can package the frontend stuff (that would normally be found in
WAR/WEB-INF/classes into a JAR, put that in EAR/lib, and everything works.
However, my boss doesn't like that.

But if I leave the classes in WAR/WEB-INF, then I get a "Class Not Found"
exception from one of the libs in EAR/lib, which is trying to load, via
reflection, one of the classes in the frontend. I understand why that
doesn't work, thanks to your explanation of the classloader.

Obviously, if I move the libs from EAR/lib to EAR/WAR/WEB-INF/lib, then all
is good. Except that my MDB can't find the libs anymore. Bugger.

This problem will occur if I duplicate the libs, yes? I'm reasonably sure it
did last time.

Further, if I set "reverse-classloading" to true, then I'm bound to get all
sorts of problems, and if my MDB tries to access a static method (say,
getInstance() for a class where that pattern is used), it will, essentially,
call a *different* method to the one the classes in the WAR would call, yes?
And return a different object. Not cool.

Can't really go around moving things, as the logging class (that's basically
essential) is in the same package as the reflection-using class.

Any ideas here apart from "Don't use Reflection", and "Don't call from libs
to main"?

Now, I think the solution I want is to have the libs able to access the
frontend (in WEB-INF), while at the same time being access exactly the same
libs from my MDB, and I don't think that's possible in Geronimo?