geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Thorburn" <nzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EAR can't find WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 01:28:33 GMT
Ok, it now works. Well, kinda.

I think I must have originally also had a lib directory directly inside the
EAR, as well as in the WAR, which was what was confusing Geronimo. Removed
that, and my bean didn't start. Removed the (small but important) bits of
code that relied on that, and everything works. Except it doesn't do logging
anymore for my MDB. Works fine everywhere else.

Apologies for not having the faintest idea what my problem was, but there we
go. I now have a new problem, however: How do I reference the stuff in the
WAR from my MDB JAR? I'm sure I saw information on this somewhere, but I
closed it because I thought I had a different problem :(. I can't duplicate
the JARS, as I'm sure that'll cause a vast multitude of problems. I really
just want to be able to reference them easily, so that I don't have to worry
about this when coding my application. In fact, it's going to be very
necessary to communicate between the WAR and the MDB for it to be of any use
at all (AJAX stuff communicating between browser and database via Java app).
Basically need the WAR to be processed first, and then have the MDB JAR
processed, so that I can then reference all the classes in the WAR.

Is this possible? If not, what's the best alternative? Can I chuck my MDB
into the WAR? I'd be very surprised if I could do that. And I don't know if
that would solve any of my issues anyway...

The exact location of the classfiles doesn't matter, just so long as it all
works...

Feh. This is starting to do my head in. Won't be posting again for nearly 24
hours (I only work part-time).

Anyway, thanks again,

- Andrew