geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Thorburn" <nzi...@gmail.com>
Subject EAR can't find WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 23:59:51 GMT
What am I doing wrong? It seems like it should work fine...

I have a fairly basic configuration (I think), which looks kinda like this:

A.ear
|---META-INF
|   |---application.xml
|   |---geronimo-application.xml
|---A.war
|   |---JSPs
|   |---WEB-INF
|   |    |---classes
|   |    |---lib
|   |    |---web.xml
|   |    |--- geroniomo-web.xml
|---jms-resources.xml
|---geronimo-activemq-ra-2.1.1.rar
|---MessageDrivenBean.jar

If necessary I can post the various XML configuration files, though I'd
prefer it if someone could mention what I should have, as I imagine the most
likely cause is that I've missed something.

Both the EAR and the WAR have a manifest.mf file, though it's empty and even
then not much use for pointing to directories.

The bizarre thing is that  I had copied the  libraries to  {EAR_ROOT}/lib,
and it managed to find the JSP files without any problem, and it actually
took a while before I realised it wasn't finding my classes (I was testing
something unrelated). Prior to deploying an EAR file, I was deploying the
WAR file in-place (and exploded, so it wasn't actually a single archive).
That worked fine.

I'd also like to know how to do something similar with the EAR. What's the
directory structure going to need to be? Will it basically be what I've got
now, except extracted and using the --inPlace option with Geronimo?

I'm just really confused, as this is a similar structure to a simple example
I saw, and that had no classpath information. I assume it would have it
worked (not certain about that though, despite it being on the Geronimo
Wiki). That said, it was for 1.1, and I'm running 2.1.1.

All I'm need in need of here is how to get my application to find
WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes, because right now it doesn't.

Does it matter that I the EAR and WAR have the same name? They're not
actually named A.(ear/war), but as it's for work, I'd like to try and not
divulge too much.

Thanks all,

- Andrew