geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: POJO caching in geronimo
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 03:22:24 GMT
Hello Xasima,

WADI does not yet provide a POJO caching solution.

Regarding the http://incubator.apache.org/wadi/wadi-core/apidocs/org/
codehaus/wadi/gridstate/impl/GCache.html class, AFAIK it was more an
idea than an actual fully working caching implementation.

I know that a Geronimo POJO caching solution, GCache, was implemented
a while back in the geronimo-sandbox and documented here http://
cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/geronimo-clustering-with-gcache.html.
However, as this caching solution has not been touched for a while, I
do not think it is in a working state.

The approach you are taking seems to me reasonable and I think it
would be quite useful for other users to have such GBean services for
JCS or EHCache.

FYI, I am currently working on the implementation of a hierarchical,
transactional, distributed, partitioned and replicated cache and data-
grid solution as part of WADI. I hope to have a working solution at
the end of the month and hopefully before you having the need for it :)

Thanks,
Gianny