geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 15:23:02 GMT

On May 2, 2008, at 10:45 AM, filosofisto wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we are developing an application using these tecnologies:
>
> - JSF1.2 (MyFaces)
> - EJB3
> - JPA
> - RichFaces 3.2
>
> Well, frequentally we are receiving an OutOfMemoryError (PermGen
> space), and
> must restart geronimo.
>
> Anybody can help us?

Are you running with default memory settings? First step is to bump
your PermGen size? For example:

export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
./geronimo.sh run

Adding " -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails" will give you an idea on how
much memory your application requires. If you see increasing permgen
space utilization over time (during multiple deploy/undeploy
operations), let us know specifics of your app, or provide us a sample
that can recreate the problem.

--kevan