geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to locate Geronimo's local Maven repository
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 23:35:38 GMT
I'm not sure if I am understanding your questions correctly.

~/.m2/repository is your local maven repository.  When running
geronimo this is not used directly in any way.

Geronimo includes a repository that has the same file system structure
as a maven repository, by default at <geronimo-home>/repository.
Almost all the jars used by geronimo are located in this repository
(there are few in <geronimo-home>/lib)

The only time I can think of when your geronimo instance would
interact with the local maven repository is if you were installing a
geronimo plugin from the local maven repository into your geronimo
instance.  In this case you would certainly be pulling the geronimo
plugin from the maven repo and most likely other jars and geronimo
plugins that are dependencies of the plugin you are installing.  For
instance, the geronimo build works this way, assembling the geronimo
servers from the plugins previously built and installed into the local
maven repo.

thanks
david jencks

On May 8, 2008, at 4:16 PM, ilango_g wrote:

> Hi
> I found this  .m2 folder after I enabled viewing of hidden folders
> in my
> Windows XP machine.
> C:\Documents and Settings\gurusai\.m2\repository
>
> Thanks again
> ilango
>
> Jason Warner-4 wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> .m2 is a hidden directory.  By default, it appears in your home
>> directory.
>> This differs depending on whether you are using unix or windows.
>> In unix,
>> you can view hidden directories using "ls -al"  I can't quite
>> remember the
>> menu commands to make hidden files viewable in windows explorer but I
>> think
>> this should help  [1].
>>
>> This post is directly related to your other thread, and probably
>> should
>> have
>> been made as a reply to your previous message.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=making+hidden+files+visible+in+windows+exporer&btnG=Google+Search
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>>
>> ~Jason Warner
>>

>> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM, ilango_g <ilangocal@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi
>>> This post is in partial response to my own post about a Geronimo
>>> local
>>> repository. I learned that Geronimo is using an internal maven
>>> repository