geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Security manager issue under Windows XP
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 23:14:55 GMT

On May 18, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm an Apache OFBiz commiter. Recently I done some work to allow
> OFBiz to run under WASCE 2.0.1 and Geronimo 2.0.3 http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4098
> But I'm now facing an issue on Windows XPsp2: I can't run WASCE with
> a security manager settled from the command line using -
> Djava.security.manager=default -Djava.security.policy=client.policy
> options. I get the error below. Note that this is working properly
> under Linux (Ubuntu and Suze as well). Am I missing someting or
> should I open a Jira issue  ? (I tried also -Djava.security.manager,
> but I guess it's the same)

As posted on the corresponding Jira, here's a work-around:

Set the Xorg.apache.geronimo.JarFileClassLoader property to "false".
E.g.:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.security.manager -
Djava.security.policy=client.security -
DXorg.apache.geronimo.JarFileClassLoader=false

Your should be able to start Geronimo, now. This isn't really a fix.
However, for a relatively static deployment of Geronimo, this should
work fine. If you're using the server as a development environment and
repeatedly deploying/undeploying applications you'll find that
deployment artifacts are not properly deleted and you also may
encounter ClassLoader memory leaks.

--kevan