geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Security manager issue under Windows XP
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 23:14:55 GMT

On May 18, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm an Apache OFBiz commiter. Recently I done some work to allow
> OFBiz to run under WASCE 2.0.1 and Geronimo 2.0.3
> But I'm now facing an issue on Windows XPsp2: I can't run WASCE with
> a security manager settled from the command line using -
> options. I get the error below. Note that this is working properly
> under Linux (Ubuntu and Suze as well). Am I missing someting or
> should I open a Jira issue  ? (I tried also,
> but I guess it's the same)

As posted on the corresponding Jira, here's a work-around:

Set the Xorg.apache.geronimo.JarFileClassLoader property to "false".

set - -

Your should be able to start Geronimo, now. This isn't really a fix.
However, for a relatively static deployment of Geronimo, this should
work fine. If you're using the server as a development environment and
repeatedly deploying/undeploying applications you'll find that
deployment artifacts are not properly deleted and you also may
encounter ClassLoader memory leaks.

View raw message