geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: WADDI WebApplication Performance?
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 21:23:06 GMT
On 08/05/2008, at 5:06 AM, rudi@je-more.de wrote:

> Sorry!
>
> There a right now some other Question to the Realm of WADDI if have
> to ask!
>
> Ist there any the same Mechanism like JBoss Farm Deploy of EJB
> *.EAR, *.WAR Appz?

Hello,

Geronimo provides some basic farming capabilities. This page should
get you started: http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/farming.html.

Regarding big objects in sessions, I am referring to the objects you
are binding to HttpSessions as attributes via HttpSession setAttribute
(String, Object). If these objects are big, then you will pay
relatively high serialization and network resources costs. Each time
that a HttpServletRequest completes, the session is replicated to a
configurable number of nodes. Replication means serialization of the
session and transport of the resulting byte array to remote nodes.

Thanks,
Gianny