geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject EJB unit testing available
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 03:12:02 GMT
I just wanted to put this on everyone's radar in case it wasn't
already known.  Those of you writing EJB applications run on Geronimo
have an extra advantage that those applications can be easily unit
tested by embedding the Geronimo EJB container (OpenEJB) into your
test case.

This sort of in-container unit testing technique is something we've
been innovating for a while and is likely to be a major addition to
the EJB 3.1 specifications.  I strongly encourage anyone doing EJB
development to check this out.  There are a number of examples
available here: http://openejb.apache.org/examples.html

The net result of this is that you should be able to quickly unit test
your ejbs in your build as you would test a plain java application.
With good EJB unit tests you'll get much faster development, fewer
build/deploy cycles, and be able to quickly catch basic deployment
issues that stem from incorrect or non-compliant apps.

-David