geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JPA, entities and EJB3
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 23:25:54 GMT
1. I hope you named the file openejb-jar.xml
2. jta-datasource and non-jta-datasource have to contain the names of
the datasources in the geronimo plan used for the pool, NOT some jndi
name you might also map them to.  The datasources don't need to be
bound in jndi in order to be used for jpa
3. The non-jta-datasource must be a datasource that really has no
transaction support, using the <no-transaction/> element instead of
<local-transaction/> or <xa-transaction>... in the connector plan.
With derby I find it necessary to have a non-jta-datasource if any ddl
is needed or if openjpa is generating the primary keys.  I don't know
if you can get away without one for other databases.  If you want to
experiment, leave out the non-jta-datasource rather than duplicating
the jta-datasource contents.

hope this helps
david jencks