geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: EAR can't find WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 23:50:00 GMT

On May 27, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Andrew Thorburn wrote:

> Thanks for the help - I find that I'm struggling to get my head
> around this stuff. It's not exactly touched on at University (and
> I've only got the internet for help).
>
> Anyway, I think it's starting to come together. My current problem
> is that I'm getting a file not found error, of the form:
> /home/andrew/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.1/repository/com/proaxiom/
> maps/
> MAPS/5.9.0/MAPS-5.9.0.ear/lib/maps_www.jar!/quartz-job.xml
>
> Now, the file quartz-job.xml is indeed inside maps_www.jar, and that
> is, indeed, the path to the JAR file. Which is more likely to be the
> problem: Something's not using the correct method to extract files
> from a JAR, or: I've stuck it in the wrong place? If it's the first,
> there's not much I can do about it, as it's the Quartz code, not
> code I've got access to.
>
> I'll try moving them while I wait for your response, as that seems
> the solution most likely to work.

I don't know much about quartz.  I hope that you can specify the
location of this configuration file somehow?  I also imagine that this
file might be something the admin for the program might want to edit?

In geronimo the philosophy is that the stuff in the repo should never
be modified, and that app specific configuration files should go in
the var directory.  For instance, the derby db data files are in var/
derby.  So, the recommended practice would be to put this file in var/
proaxiom/config or something similar.

If you deploy your app as a geronimo plugin you can arrange that the
plugin installation will unpack the (original version) of this file
into such a location automatically.  Otherwise you will have to
install it manually.  See http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/plugin-infrastructure.html

thanks
david jencks