geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve server status from commandline
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 16:55:36 GMT
Can you please open a JIRA on this issue?

There is no such command line tool right now but there is some
existing Java code that might help you with getting the server status.
Take a look at org.apache.geronimo.commands.ServerProxy in
geronimo-commands module. You should be able to do the following
(roughly):

ServerProxy proxy = new ServerProxy("localhost", 1099, "system", "manager");
while(!proxy.isFullyStarted()) {
  Thread.sleep(1000 * 10);
}
// if you are here, the server is fully started

Jarek

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Jan Vandieken <jan.vandieken@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I am currently trying to automate the start & deployment for a application running
on IBM WAS CE (which uses the Geronimo).

>  Now I am strugelling to figure out a way to detect from the windows commandline when
the server has been started sucessfully.

>  For the user this is ovious, once the cmd-line says server started. But how can I script
that to wait with the deployment step until the server has been started?

>  Is there any command like serverstatus.bat or shutdown.bat --status I might use? Is
there maybe an existing class in a jar file I could call to obtain the proper status of the
server?