geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JMS + authentication
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 02:25:20 GMT

On May 7, 2008, at 4:25 PM, jon.sabados@gmail.com wrote:

> I am currently trying to configure a MDB to authenticate against a
> security
> realm defined in the ear it lives in, but am having trouble finding
> out how
> to do so.  The best I can come up with so far is modifying META-INF/
> ra.xml
> in the connector module to specify a value for config-property
> BrokerXmlConfig, but am having little luck with that as well.
>
> If anyone could give me any pointers on this it would be greatly
> appreciated.

This is not really possible in the current j2ca/ejb specs.  The j2ca
1.6 spec for javaee 6 plans to address importing security contexts
from resource adapters such as a jms provider.

Could I ask what your exact security requirements are?  I think
activemq has some (non-spec?) security configuration.  Maybe you could
configure activemq so only authorized senders could put messages into
the queue for the mdb?

thanks
david jencks