geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tony Mancill <t...@mancill.com>
Subject Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 15:01:20 GMT
Hi Malcum,

I ran into similar issues with Geronimo on Debian systems, where gcj
and/or kaffe will, by default, be in your path.  Make sure that you have
exported JAVA_HOME and set your PATH environment variable appropriately
so that the "java" executable from the desired JDK is found before the
GCJ or Kaffe JVMs.  For example, I have this in my ~/.bashrc (for Java
SE 6) - merely change the location of JAVA_HOME to match the base
directory where you've installed the JDK:

#
# setup JAVA6 environment
#
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

You can use the "which" command to verify that the correct java
executable will be found when Geronimo starts:

$ which java
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java

Hope that helps,
Tony

trfunite wrote:
> I've installed JDK1.5.0_15 but still i;m facing this problem. do i need to
> install jre or any other software? Please advice thanks a lot.
>
> Regards
> Malcum
>
> djencks wrote:
>> You need a more compliant jvm, geronimo does not run with gcj or kaffe.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On May 10, 2008, at 3:39 AM, trfunite wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>     I just install geronimo recently and when i tried to run it i
>>> got the
>>> following error mention below. I've tried different ways but i cant
>>> seems to
>>> get it working. Could someone please advice me on this? Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> malcum@localhost:~> cd geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/
>>> malcum@localhost:~/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1> ./bin/geronimo.sh run
>>> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /home/malcum/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1
>>> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /home/malcum/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1
>>> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
>>> Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/jre
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.ObjectNameUtil
>>>   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.8)
>>>   at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.Kernel.<clinit>(Kernel.java:39)
>>>   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.8)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .geronimo
>>> .kernel
>>> .util
>>> .MainConfigurationBootstrapper
>>> .bootKernel(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:72)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .geronimo
>>> .kernel
>>> .util
>>> .MainConfigurationBootstrapper
>>> .getMain(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:56)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .geronimo
>>> .kernel
>>> .util
>>> .MainConfigurationBootstrapper
>>> .main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:38)
>>>   at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
>>>   at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException not found in
>>> gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:/home/malcum/geronimo-
>>> tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/bin/server.jar],