geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John <li...@johndubchak.com>
Subject Integration with httpd
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 18:20:59 GMT
Hi,

I've downloaded and installed Geronimo 2.1.1 on linux running in a Java6
JVM.  I have set up some virtual hosts and managed to deploy and run a
couple of applications (deployed as WARs) running inside Geronimo on one
of our test machines.  The tricky thing was creating the correct
mod_rewrite rules running in a virtual hosting environment.

However, when I create the configuration (same JVM, same version of
geronimo) and the exact same workers.properties file configuration along
with the correct mod_rewrites, in our production environment, I get a
404 when trying to access a basic URL.  I see that the URL is properly
translated according to the rewrite rules, however, the page cannot be
found.

I followed the configuration examples at:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configure-apache-httpd-with-jakarta-tomcat-connector-modjk.html

Here is a snippet of my httpd.conf:

JkMount /appName/* default

Here is my workers.properties:

workers.java_home=/esa/java/jdk-1.6.0_04
ps=/
worker.list=default
worker.default.type=ajp13
worker.default.host=localhost
worker.default.port=8009

I have not altered the default geronimo installation configuration
beyond just unzipping the tar file.

The applications deploy and start correctly, however, I cannot access
them by their URL and I am interested in any help that might get me past
this...

Thanks,
John