geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John <li...@johndubchak.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Host Config and Deployment Issue
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 23:58:04 GMT
Hernan Cunico wrote:
> Opening the console on the two virtual hosts only confirms you can
> resolve the host name alias but not the virtual host configuration.
> The error you get at deployment time is because the deployer does not
> know the virtual host you specified in the plan. I would say you look
> into the config.xml and check if you are missing anything from the
> sample on the doc.
> You should have something like this sample right after the <module
> name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car"> in the config.xml.
>
> <gbean gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean"
> name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car,j2eeType=Host,name=exampleVirtualHost_1">

> <attribute
> name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
> <attribute name="initParams">name=example.com
>       appBase=
>       workDir=work</attribute>
> </gbean>
>
> That's all you need for configuring one virtual host in Geronimo with
> Tomcat.

Hernan,

Thanks for your response.  Here is my gbean definition, right after the
<module name="..."> line in my config.xml:

  <gbean
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car,j2eeType=Host,name=TomcatVirtualHost_1"

gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean">
            <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
            <attribute name="initParams">name=elitesa.com
            appBase=
            workDir=work</attribute>
  </gbean>

Here is my complete, unedited, deployment plan:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0">
    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>com.esa.hosting</groupId>
            <artifactId>ChangePassword</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
                <artifactId>MailSystem</artifactId>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
    </environment>
    <context-root>/changePassword</context-root>
    <host>elitesa.com</host>
    <resource-ref>
        <ref-name>jdbc/MailSystem</ref-name>
        <resource-link>jdbc/MailSystem</resource-link>
    </resource-ref>
</web-app>

As you can see, both the "name=" from the config.xml definition and the
host entry in the deployment plan match up.  I am performing a command
line deployment with the geronimo-web.xml deployment plan at WEB-INF
within my WAR file.  Yet, I still receive this error:

The service
J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=com.esa.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war
did not start because Invalid virtual host 'elitesa.com'.  Do you have a
matching Host entry in the plan?

    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:485)
    ... 41 more
    Error: Operation failed: start of
    com.esa.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war failed

        Unknown start exception

        Configuration com.esa.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war failed to
    start due to the following reasons:

      The service

J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=com.esa.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war
    did not start because Invalid virtual host 'elitesa.com'.  Do you
    have a matching Host entry in the plan?

I agree that it should be just as easy as you say, however, it isn't for me.

Thanks again,
John