geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 18:54:12 GMT
The default JVM parameters that are set up in the eclipse.ini file are:

-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
-vmargs
-Xms40m
-Xmx256m

Those are too small for working with Geronimo and don't specify a
permgen space at all.  Because of that, I think the permgen size that
gets set up is only 64 meg.

There are not really 'recommended' sizes because requirements vary
depending on whether you are in development or production and the
size/type of applications you are running.

But, if you increase the heap size (-Xmx512m and -Xmx1024m are the two
sizes I usually pick between) and specify a permgen size
(-XX:MaxPermSize=256m is what I use) then that should take care of your
errors.

Others on the list wil be able to give you better hints on how to tune
your memory.

Hope that helps,

Jay