geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "David Carew" <dcca...@gmail.com>
Subject Database Pool with JPA in a Web App in G2.0.x
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 14:30:37 GMT
Does anyone know how to use a datasource with JPA classes that are in a Web
App ? If I put the database pool name  in the <jta-data-source> and or
<non-jta-data-source> elements of persistence.xml I get a Naming Exception
from OpenJPA saying that the name doesn't exist in JNDI. If I put a fully
qualified JNDI name then the deployer complains because the name can't be
resolved as a database pool name. From the examples I've seen this works if
your JPA classes are in an EJB  module . I don't really need to use JTA, I
just need a way to point to a database pool from my persistence.xml file.
Any ideas ?

Regards,
David