geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: question about deployment plan for connector archive
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 06:44:09 GMT
I don't see anything obviously wrong, and I haven't had a chance to
review geronimo's code.  Could you let us know which geronimo version
you are using and check what happens if you try "VmName" instead of
"vmName" in the xml descriptor and plan?

thanks
david jencks

>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/connector_1_5.xsd">
>>>
>>> 	<description>Connector Adapter for the ProActive library</
>>> description>
>>> 	<display-name>Proactive Resource Adapter</display-name>
>>> 	<vendor-name>ProActive</vendor-name>
>>> 	<eis-type>ProActive adapter</eis-type>
>>> 	<resourceadapter-version>5.0</resourceadapter-version>
>>>
>>> 	<resourceadapter>
>>>
>>> <resourceadapter-
>>> class
>>> resourceadapter-class>
>>> 	<config-property>
>>>           <config-property-name>vmName</config-property-name>
>>>           <config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-
>>> type>
>>>           <config-property-value>jbossVM</config-property-value>
>>>       </config-property>
>>> 	</resourceadapter>
>>> </connector>
>>>
>>> When I try to deploy the RAR, it gives me the following error:
>>>
>>> Error: Unable to distribute proactive.rar: The plan is trying to set
>>>   attributes: [vmName]
>>>
>>> If I comment the <config-property-setting> tag in geronimo-ra.xml ,
>>> the  AS
>>> starts deploying the archive - it creates the directory structure in
>>> the
>>> repository dir - but it crashes with the following exception:
>>>
>>> 16:42:11,850 WARN  [ConfigurationUtil] Could not load gbean
>>> proactive/proactive/1.0/rar?
>>> J2EEApplication=null,JCAResource=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>> rar,ResourceAdapter=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>> rar,ResourceAdapterModule=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>> rar,j2eeType=JCAResourceAdapter,name=ProActiveResourceAdapter
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could not