geronimo-user mailing list archives

From li...@johndubchak.com
Subject config-substitutions.properties
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 18:48:32 GMT
Hi,

I am running both JBoss and Geronimo side-by-side on a laptop development
environment.  I edited the above file and changed the NamingPort from 1099
to 1098, since JBoss uses the same, however when I try to shutdown
Geronimo using bin/geronimo.sh stop, I get the following error:

Locating server on port 1099...
Could not communicate with the server.  The server may not be running or
the port number may be incorrect.

I then have to stop the server by issuing a kill -9 <PID_NUMBER>.

What do I need to do in order to change the value such that it works for
shutting down Geronimo as well as starting it up?

Thanks,
John