geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From florinbratu <kreaTho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about deployment plan for connector archive
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 08:54:32 GMT

Yes, you're right, I've changed the attribute name to VmName, and now it gets
deployed.
Thanks for your help!

I am using Geronimo 2.1 based on Tomcat.


djencks wrote:
> 
> I don't see anything obviously wrong, and I haven't had a chance to  
> review geronimo's code.  Could you let us know which geronimo version  
> you are using and check what happens if you try "VmName" instead of  
> "vmName" in the xml descriptor and plan?
> 
> thanks
> david jencks
> 
> On May 26, 2008, at 1:50 AM, florinbratu wrote:
> 
>>
>> class ProActiveConnectorBean {
>>       protected String _vmName;
>>
>>       public String getVmName() {
>> 		return _vmName;
>> 	}
>>
>> 	public void setVmName(String vmName) {
>> 		_vmName = vmName;
>> 	}
>> }
>>
>> As you can see from the ra.xml descriptor, ProActiveConnectorBean is
>> specified as the value for the <resourceadapter-class> tag.
>>
>>
>> djencks wrote:
>>>
>>> Could I ask what the getter and setter method names (and signatures)
>>> are for this property?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks
>>>
>>> On May 23, 2008, at 11:30 AM, florinbratu wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hello!
>>>>
>>>> I have a resource archive RAR that I've succeeded in deploying on
>>>> other
>>>> application servers, and now I want to deploy it on Geronimo AS.
>>>> As I read from Geronimo documentation, it is required that I  
>>>> provide a
>>>> deployment plan in order to be able to deploy the RAR archive as a
>>>> stand-alone module. So, I've created a geronimo-ra.xml file, with  
>>>> the
>>>> following contents:
>>>>
>>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>>> <connector version="1.5"
>>>> xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.1">
>>>> <dep:environment
>>>> 	xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
>>>> 	<dep:moduleId>
>>>>     	<dep:groupId>proactive</dep:groupId>
>>>>     	<dep:artifactId>proactive</dep:artifactId>
>>>>     	<dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
>>>>     	<dep:type>rar</dep:type>
>>>>   </dep:moduleId>
>>>>   <dep:dependencies/>
>>>>   <dep:hidden-classes/>
>>>>   <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
>>>> </dep:environment>
>>>>     <resourceadapter>
>>>>       <resourceadapter-instance>
>>>>
>>>> <resourceadapter-name>ProActiveResourceAdapter</resourceadapter-

>>>> name>
>>>>           <config-property-setting
>>>> name="vmName">jbossVM</config-property-setting>
>>>>               <nam:workmanager
>>>> xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">
>>>>       		<nam:gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</nam:gbean-link>
>>>>   		</nam:workmanager>
>>>>       </resourceadapter-instance>
>>>>      </resourceadapter>
>>>> </connector>
>>>>
>>>> The descriptor ra.xml, from my original resource archive, contains  
>>>> the
>>>> following:
>>>>
>>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>>> <connector id="Connector_ID" version="1.5"
>>>> xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>>>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>>>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/connector_1_5.xsd">
>>>> 	
>>>> 	<description>Connector Adapter for the ProActive library</
>>>> description>
>>>> 	<display-name>Proactive Resource Adapter</display-name>
>>>> 	<vendor-name>ProActive</vendor-name>
>>>> 	<eis-type>ProActive adapter</eis-type>
>>>> 	<resourceadapter-version>5.0</resourceadapter-version>
>>>> 	
>>>> 	<resourceadapter>
>>>> 	
>>>> <resourceadapter-
>>>> class
>>>>> org.objectweb.proactive.extensions.jee.ProActiveResourceAdapter</
>>>> resourceadapter-class>
>>>> 	<config-property>
>>>>           <config-property-name>vmName</config-property-name>
>>>>           <config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-
>>>> type>
>>>>           <config-property-value>jbossVM</config-property-value>
>>>>       </config-property>
>>>> 	</resourceadapter>
>>>> </connector>
>>>>
>>>> When I try to deploy the RAR, it gives me the following error:
>>>>
>>>> Error: Unable to distribute proactive.rar: The plan is trying to set
>>>>   attributes: [vmName]
>>>>
>>>> If I comment the <config-property-setting> tag in geronimo-ra.xml ,
>>>> the  AS
>>>> starts deploying the archive - it creates the directory structure in
>>>> the
>>>> repository dir - but it crashes with the following exception:
>>>>
>>>> 16:42:11,850 WARN  [ConfigurationUtil] Could not load gbean
>>>> proactive/proactive/1.0/rar?
>>>> J2EEApplication=null,JCAResource=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,ResourceAdapter=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,ResourceAdapterModule=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,j2eeType=JCAResourceAdapter,name=ProActiveResourceAdapter
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could not
>>>> inject
>>>> configuration data into the GBean
>>>> proactive/proactive/1.0/rar?
>>>> J2EEApplication=null,JCAResource=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,ResourceAdapter=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,ResourceAdapterModule=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,j2eeType=JCAResourceAdapter,name=ProActiveResourceAdapter
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.java:377)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache 
>>>> .geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.loadGBean(BasicKernel.java:
>>>> 354)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo
>>>> .kernel
>>>> .config
>>>> .ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:
>>>> 441)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo
>>>> .kernel
>>>> .config
>>>> .KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java: 
>>>> 187)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo
>>>> .kernel
>>>> .config
>>>> .SimpleConfigurationManager
>>>> .startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:534)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo
>>>> .kernel
>>>> .config
>>>> .SimpleConfigurationManager
>>>> .startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:515)
>>>>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>       at
>>>> sun
>>>> .reflect
>>>> .NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>>       at
>>>> sun
>>>> .reflect
>>>> .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
>>>> .invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo
>>>> .gbean
>>>> .runtime 
>>>> .ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:
>>>> 34)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java: 
>>>> 124)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
>>>>       at
>>>> org 
>>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:
>>>> 239)
>>>>       at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
>>>>       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor137.invoke(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>       at
>>>> sun
>>>> .reflect
>>>> .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
>>>> .invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo
>>>> .gbean
>>>> .runtime 
>>>> .ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:
>>>> 34)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java: 
>>>> 124)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
>>>>       at
>>>> org 
>>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:
>>>> 239)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:
>>>> 172)
>>>>       at
>>>> com
>>>> .sun
>>>> .jmx
>>>> .interceptor
>>>> .DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor
>>>> .invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
>>>>       at
>>>> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java: 
>>>> 761)
>>>>       at
>>>> javax
>>>> .management
>>>> .remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java: 
>>>> 1426)
>>>>       at
>>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access
>>>> $200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:72)
>>>>       at
>>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl
>>>> $PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1264)
>>>>       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>>       at
>>>> javax
>>>> .management
>>>> .remote
>>>> .rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:
>>>> 1366)
>>>>       at
>>>> javax
>>>> .management
>>>> .remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:788)
>>>>       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor126.invoke(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>       at
>>>> sun
>>>> .reflect
>>>> .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
>>>> .invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>>       at
>>>> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
>>>>       at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
>>>>       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>>       at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
>>>>       at
>>>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:
>>>> 535)
>>>>       at
>>>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport
>>>> $ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
>>>>       at
>>>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport
>>>> $ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
>>>>       at
>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
>>>> $Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
>>>>       at
>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
>>>> $Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
>>>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.NoSuchAttributeException:
>>>> Unknown
>>>> attribute "vmName" in gbean
>>>> proactive/proactive/1.0/rar?
>>>> J2EEApplication=null,JCAResource=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,ResourceAdapter=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,ResourceAdapterModule=proactive/proactive/1.0/
>>>> rar,j2eeType=JCAResourceAdapter,name=ProActiveResourceAdapter
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo
>>>> .gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.getAttributeByName(GBeanInstance.java:
>>>> 802)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo
>>>> .gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.setAttribute(GBeanInstance.java:751)
>>>>       at
>>>> org
>>>> .apache
>>>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.java:372)
>>>>       ... 43 more
>>>>
>>>> What sould be the correct deployment Geronimo descriptor for my
>>>> connector?
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> View this message in context:
>>>> http://www.nabble.com/question-about-deployment-plan-for-connector-archive-tp17427916s134p17427916.html
>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> -- 
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/question-about-deployment-plan-for-connector-archive-tp17427916s134p17468120.html
>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at  
>> Nabble.com.
>>
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/question-about-deployment-plan-for-connector-archive-tp17427916s134p17485927.html
Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message