geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ApolloX <>
Subject Re: Remote EJB Connect - Initial Context, host unknown Exception
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 15:09:48 GMT

I did some exploring into the source code of openejb 2.1 and stripped away
the offending code:

final String serverURL = "ejbd://";
final URL url = new URL("http://"+serverURL);
final InetAddress inet = InetAddress.getByName(url.getHost());
Now, if I catch the exception it, it throws a similar exception openejb
reported: ejbd: ejbd
Its adding http + ejb for connection strings resulting in a url of:
"http://ejbd://".  First question, is this an invalid URL?
The URL class does not throw an error on creating this URL.  The method
url.getHost() returns "ejbd".
Next, I took the code snippet and removed the "http://" and tried this code:

final String serverURL = "ejbd://";
final URL url = new URL(serverURL);

But I get an exception on the second line of: unknown protocol: ejbd
Any suggestions?