geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ApolloX <sc...@selikoff.net>
Subject Remote EJB Connect - Initial Context, host unknown Exception
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 17:39:54 GMT

I'm trying to setup an EJB connection to a remote server but am getting a
host unknown exception.  I tried setting it to the local server itself
(127.0.0.1) but the exception is the same regardless.

final Properties properties = new Properties();
properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
properties.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ejbd://127.0.0.1:4201");
properties.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "system");
properties.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "----");
final Context context = new InitialContext(properties);

generates the following error:

javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Invalid provider
URL:ejbd://127.0.0.1:4201: host unknown: ejbd: ejbd
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:158)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:662)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:219)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:195)

Is this just a server configuration issue, a jar/classpath issue, or
something else?  I've checked the config.xml file and the open ejb service
is defined on port 4201 although I don't see it running in the admin
console.

Any suggestions?  I'm using G1 although I'd imagine the problem I'm having
would be in G2 as well.