geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FDF- dynamic PDF support plugin available for Geronimo
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 05:46:23 GMT

On May 6, 2008, at 2:40 PM, ilango_g wrote:

> Hi
> I was wondering if I can install a plugin from the plugins repo for
> FDF
> (Text file format used for data exported from .PDF form fields;
> typically
> smaller than PDF files, because they only contain form field data,
> not the
> entire form; )support.
> Please let me know that is possible.

We don't have a FDF plugin but you could write one.  I don't know
anything about FDF... if it is only a jar then the difference between
listing the jar as a dependency of your app and having a plugin for
the jar is that with the plugin any app that uses it will get the
classes loaded in the same classloader, whereas if you list it as an
app dependency the classes will be loaded in each application
classloader.

I hope this answers what you are asking.
david jencks