geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Security manager issue under Windows XP
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 09:24:49 GMT
Kevan,

Yes it works (ie open and close cleanly). Actually it was not a deep problem for me as the
client I was working for on this is (of course ;o) using a Linux Server on production.

I will update the OFBIz guidelines with your comments, they will certainly help people in
the future...

Thanks a bunch

Jacques
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevan Miller
  To: user@geronimo.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:14 AM
  Subject: Re: Security manager issue under Windows XP

  On May 18, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

    Hi All,

    I'm an Apache OFBiz commiter. Recently I done some work to allow OFBiz to run under WASCE
2.0.1 and Geronimo 2.0.3 http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4098
    But I'm now facing an issue on Windows XPsp2: I can't run WASCE with a security manager
settled from the command line using -Djava.security.manager=default -Djava.security.policy=client.policy
options. I get the error below. Note that this is working properly under Linux (Ubuntu and
Suze as well). Am I missing someting or should I open a Jira issue  ? (I tried also -Djava.security.manager,
but I guess it's the same)

  As posted on the corresponding Jira, here's a work-around:

  Set the Xorg.apache.geronimo.JarFileClassLoader property to "false". E.g.:

  set JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=client.security -DXorg.apache.geronimo.JarFileClassLoader=false

  Your should be able to start Geronimo, now. This isn't really a fix. However, for a relatively
static deployment of Geronimo, this should work fine. If you're using the server as a development
environment and repeatedly deploying/undeploying applications you'll find that deployment
artifacts are not properly deleted and you also may encounter ClassLoader memory leaks.

  --kevan