On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:51 AM, atul12345 <atul.iims@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Sir,

            Thanks for help but this is not my solution. Anyway according
to u i am showing the ENTIRE stack trace for this exception and include the
exact  source code........


This is my Exception which is generated during the client program
execute.......
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at
 com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableR
        at
 javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:137)
        at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
 Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast to
 org.omg.CORBA
        at
 com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableR
        ... 2 more

 Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks a lot. Looking forward to
hearing from you.

Hi,
I sent an earlier response, but it seems to have bounced. Trying again. Apologies, if this is redundant.

The above stacktrace indicates a "HelloWorld" class. Yet, the code you supply below is a "Client" class and the line numbers don't match. Thus, we're not sure what you are actually running with... Please make sure you are running the code you think you are. Then, if you still have a problem, give us the code which matches your symptoms.

--kevan

 


These are my code..........

********remote interface*******
package My;

import java.rmi.*;

import javax.ejb.*;

public interface DemoInter extends EJBObject
{
          public int add() throws RemoteException;
}

************home interface***********
package My;

import javax.ejb.*;
import java.rmi.*;



public interface DemoHome extends EJBHome
{
public DemoInter create(int a, int b) throws
CreateException,RemoteException;
}
*************bean class*************

package My;

import javax.ejb.*;
import java.rmi.*;

public class DemoBean implements SessionBean
{
 int a,b;
private SessionContext context;
  public void setSessionContext(SessionContext ctx){this.context=ctx}

  public void ejbCreate( int a,int b)
  {
               this.a=a;
               this.b=b;
         System.out.println("ejb Created");
  }

   public void ejbActivate(){System.out.println("ejbActivate()");}
   public void ejbPassivate(){System.out.println("ejbPassivate()");}
   public void ejbRemove(){System.out.println("distroyed");}
   public int add() throws RemoteException
   {
          return(a+b);
   }
}

**********ejb-jar.xml****************


<ejb-jar id="ejb-jar_1" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd" version="2.1">
       <description>Example of a session bean</description>
       <display-name>MyTimeBeanEJBName</display-name>
       <enterprise-beans>
               <session id="Session_MyTime">

                       <ejb-name>My.DemoEJB</ejb-name>
                       <home>My.DemoHome</home>
                       <remote>My.DemoInter</remote>
                       <ejb-class>My.DemoBean</ejb-class>

                       <session-type>Stateful</session-type>
                       <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>
               </session>
       </enterprise-beans>
</ejb-jar>

*************openejb.xml***********
            xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
            xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
            xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
 xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">


 <enterprise-beans>
   <session>
           <ejb-name>My.DemoEJB</ejb-name>
           <jndi-name>ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome</jndi-name>
   </session>
 </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>


***********my client**************




import java.util.*;
import javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject;
import javax.naming.*;
import javax.rmi.*;
import My.*;


public class Client {

       /**
        * @param args
        */
       public static void main(String[] args) {
               // TODO Auto-generated method stub
               try {

                       Properties properties=new Properties();
           properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");

properties.put("java.naming.provider.url","ejbd://localhost:4201");

           Context ctx=new InitialContext(properties);
                       System.out.println("ic = " + ctx);

                       //MyTimeLocal myTimeLocal =
(MyTimeLocal)context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/MyTimeBean");
                      // My.DemoInter remoteObj
=(My.DemoInter)ctx.lookup("ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome");
                      Object object=ctx.lookup("ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome");
                      // System.out.println("hello" +object);
                       My.DemoHome ejbHome
=(My.DemoHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(object,My.DemoHome.class);
         System.out.println("hello" +ejbHome);
 My.DemoInter obj1=ejbHome.create(4,5);
 System.out.println(obj1.add());





               } catch (Exception e) {
                       System.out.println(e);
                       // TODO: handle exception
               }



       }

}


this is log file..........

13:02:24,839 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not found
for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
13:02:30,987 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not found
for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
13:02:34,611 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not found
for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
13:02:35,732 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not found
for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateless
Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateless Container)
13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateful
Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateful Container)
13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default BMP Container,
type=Container, provider-id=Default BMP Container)
13:02:40,046 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default CMP Container,
type=Container, provider-id=Default CMP Container)
13:02:40,046 INFO  [config] Configuring app:
default/ejbsample1.jar/1207553559310/jar
13:02:40,078 INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb DemoEJB:
EjbDeployment(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB)
13:02:40,079 INFO  [config] Loaded Module:
default/ejbsample1.jar/1207553559310/jar
13:02:40,976 INFO  [startup] Assembling app:
/home/atul/santemp/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/var/temp/geronimo-deployer17419.tmpdir/ejbsample1.jar
13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Jndi(name=DemoEJBRemoteHome) -->
Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB)
13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Created
Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB, ejb-name=DemoEJB,
container=Default Stateless Container)
13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Deployed
Application(path=/home/atul/santemp/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/var/temp/geronimo-deployer17419.tmpdir/ejbsample1.jar)
13:02:41,083 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not found
for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'




djencks wrote:
>
> We seem to be going around in circles.  I don't believe the exception
> you show is consistent with the client code you show.  Please show
> the ENTIRE stack trace for this exception and include the exact
> source code as a file so I can see the line numbers from the client
> code matching up with the stack trace.  I cannot investigate further
> without some definite correspondence that I can see clearly between
> the pieces of information you supply.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Apr 3, 2008, at 9:51 PM, atul12345 wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>
>> Dear sir,
>>
>>                I am sure, when i running the client code, got that
>> Exception. I have already mentioned all exception which throw
>> during the
>> execution of client program.
>>        if u want again so that is....
>> please sir provide me write solution to resolve this problem becoz
>> i have
>> already spent two to three days resolve it problem.
>>
>> java.lang.ClassCastException
>>         at
>> com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableR
>>         at
>> javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:137)
>>         at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast to
>> org.omg.CORBA
>>         at
>> com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableR
>>         ... 2 more
>>
>> Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks a lot. Looking
>> forward to
>> hearing from you.
>>
>>
>> djencks wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you sure you are running the client code you show?  The error
>>> indicates you are using PortableRemoteObject.narrow() rather than the
>>> simple cast in the client code you showed earlier.
>>>
>>> Is the CCE happening on the client?
>>>
>>> I'm unable to see how the exception you show can be coming from the
>>> code you show.  More of the exception stack trace might possibly be
>>> helpful.
>>>
>>> david jencks
>>>
>>>
>>> On Apr 2, 2008, at 10:05 PM, atul12345 wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>    Thanks for help but this is not problem that is when i run my
>>>> client
>>>> program that time i get error.......
>>>>            java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast to
>>>> My.DemoInter
>>>>
>>>> Actually sir i have already mentioned  interfaces,bean class and my
>>>> client
>>>> and xml. so please check that code and tell me what i am doing
>>>> wrong.
>>>> Actually sir i had spent already three days to run one simple ejb
>>>> program i
>>>> think geronimo server is not good for ejb.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> please help me  to give suitable response..........
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> vhnguy2 wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi Atul,
>>>>>
>>>>> It looks like you're doing a remote lookup. I think your client
>>>>> code
>>>>> should look something similar to
>>>>>
>>>>> My.DemoInter remoteObj =(My.DemoInter)ctx.lookup(<jndi for remote
>>>>> interface>);
>>>>>
>>>>> Let me know if this works.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Viet
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:12 AM, atul12345 <atul.iims@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  atul12345 wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Sir,
>>>>>>>          Thanks for help. I appreciate your attention. See ya!
>>>>>>>       This is my ejb-jar.xml file here i do have  all the classes
>>>>>> means
>>>>>>> interface name.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> <ejb-jar id="ejb-jar_1" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>>>>>>>        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>>>>>        xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>>>>>>>        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd"
>>>>>>> version="2.1">
>>>>>>>       <description>Example of a session bean</description>
>>>>>>>       <display-name>MyTimeBeanEJBName</display-name>
>>>>>>>       <enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>>               <session id="Session_MyTime">
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>                       <ejb-name>My.DemoEJB</ejb-name>
>>>>>>>                       <home>My.DemoHome</home>
>>>>>>>                       <remote>My.DemoInter</remote>
>>>>>>>                       <ejb-class>My.DemoBean</ejb-class>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>                       <session-type>Stateful</session-type>
>>>>>>>                       <transaction-type>Container</transaction-
>>>>>>> type>
>>>>>>>               </session>
>>>>>>>       </enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>> </ejb-jar>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> When I try to execute my client , I receive this error message:
>>>>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException
>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>> com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>>> (PortableR
>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>> javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:
>>>>>>> 137)
>>>>>>>         at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
>>>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be
>>>>>>> cast to
>>>>>>> org.omg.CORBA
>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>> com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>>> (PortableR
>>>>>>>         ... 2 more
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks a lot. Looking
>>>>>> forward
>>>>>>> to hearing from you.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> manucet wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi Atul,
>>>>>>>>             I am not sure but did you specify the home and
>>>>>>>> remote
>>>>>>>> interfaces in the ejb-jar.xml file? If yes it will be helpful
>>>>>>>> if you
>>>>>>>> can provide a test case.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>>> Manu
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 4:33 PM, atul12345 <atul.iims@gmail.com>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>  Actually after resolved jndi name problem i get one new error
>>>>>>>>> that
>>>>>> is
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>  java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast to
>>>>>>>>> My.DemoHome
>>>>>>>>>   if anyone have any idea what is this so please give  me
>>>>>>>>> suitable
>>>>>>>>> soluation
>>>>>>>>>  to resolve that problem.........
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>  atul12345 wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>  Dear Sir,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>               I am new programmer to Geronimo and EJB which
>>>>>>>>>> are
>>>>>>>>> running on
>>>>>>>>>> gentoo. i am createing stateful session bean like that........
>>>>>>>>>> This is remote Interface..........
>>>>>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> public interface DemoInter extends EJBObject
>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>            public int add(int a,int b) throws RemoteException;
>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> This is Home Interface..........
>>>>>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> public interface DemoHome extends EJBHome
>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>> public DemoInter create() throws
>>>>>>>>>> CreateException,RemoteException;
>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> This is Bean class............
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> public class DemoBean implements SessionBean
>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>          public DemoBean() {
>>>>>>>>>>                 // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
>>>>>>>>>>                            }
>>>>>>>>>>         public void ejbCreate()
>>>>>>>>>>         {
>>>>>>>>>>            System.out.println("ejbCreate()");
>>>>>>>>>>         }
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>         public void ejbRemove()
>>>>>>>>>>         {
>>>>>>>>>>            System.out.println("ejbRemove()");
>>>>>>>>>>         }
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> public void ejbActivate()
>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>    System.out.println("ejbActivate()");
>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> public void ejbPassivate()
>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>    System.out.println("ejbPassivate()");
>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> public void setSessionContext(SessionContext ctx){}
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> public int add(int a,int b) throws RemoteException
>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>> return (a+b);
>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> open-ejb.xml is where i specified the jndi name
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> <openejb-jar
>>>>>> xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1"
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
>>>>>>>>>> security-1.1"
>>>>>>>>>>   xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
>>>>>>>>>> deployment-1.1">
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>   <enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>>>>>     <session>
>>>>>>>>>>             <ejb-name>Demo</ejb-name>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>> <jndi-name>org.geronimo.ejbsample.HomeBean</jndi-name>
>>>>>>>>>>     </session>
>>>>>>>>>>   </enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>>>>> </openejb-jar>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>  and this is my client code...........
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> import java.util.*;
>>>>>>>>>> import javax.naming.*;
>>>>>>>>>> import javax.rmi.*;
>>>>>>>>>> import My.*;
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> public class Client {
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>         /**
>>>>>>>>>>          * @param args
>>>>>>>>>>          */
>>>>>>>>>>         public static void main(String[] args) {
>>>>>>>>>>                 // TODO Auto-generated method stub
>>>>>>>>>>                 try {
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>                         Properties properties=new Properties
>>>>>>>>>> ();
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>> properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
>>>>>>>>>> "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>> properties.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
>>>>>>>>>> "ejbd://localhost:4201" );
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>             Context ctx=new InitialContext(properties);
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>                  My.DemoHome
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>> home=(My.DemoHome)ctx.lookup
>>>>>> ("java:org.geronimo.ejbsample.HomeBean");
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>   My.DemoInter object =home.create();
>>>>>>>>>>   System.out.println(object.add(12,22));
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> that is my code, everything is ok means deploy successfully
>>>>>>>>>> but
>>>>>>>>> problem is
>>>>>>>>>> when i execute client program, that time i get error that is
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
>>>>>> org.geronimo.ejbsample.HomeBean
>>>>>>>>> does
>>>>>>>>>> not exist in the system.  Check that the app was successfully
>>>>>>>>> deployed.
>>>>>>>>>> So if anybody know how to resolve this problem then please
>>>>>>>>>> give
>>>>>> me
>>>>>>>>>> suitable suggestion to resolve this problem..
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>  --
>>>>>>>>>  View this message in context:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-program-on-geronimo-
>>>>>> tp16392851s134p16417878.html
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>>>>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  --
>>>>>>  View this message in context:
>>>>>> http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-program-on-geronimo-
>>>>>> tp16392851s134p16444488.html
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-
>>>> program-on-geronimo-tp16392851s134p16465788.html
>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-
>> program-on-geronimo-tp16392851s134p16482909.html
>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>> Nabble.com.
>>
>
>
>

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-program-on-geronimo-tp16392851s134p16535345.html
Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.