Strange. The "To" address on this posting is "users@httpd.apache.org" (at least in my mail reader...

Praveena,
"Split-brain" refers to a problem in clustering where cluster members are unable to communicate with each other. If a cluster implementation doesn't take precautions, you may end up with each of the cluster members believing that they are the primary member -- thus a split brain, one side doesn't know what the other is doing...

--kevan