For production is there a reason you wouldn't precompile all the jsps so they are never compiled at runtime?

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 15, 2008, at 3:55 PM, kashif wrote:
Hello All,

Just a quick question, we have a application which runs on Geronimo without any issues currently. However the developer noticed a possible problem with stopping and starting the app-server, not a show stopper, however we can't go into production without an answer, what he asked was:

"JSP compilations don't persist, i.e. every time the application stops, the temp directory seems to be cleared and therefore all the servlet class files are lost."

what I wanted to know, is  there any way we can tell the app server (Geronimo) to not delete compiled JSP unless the app in un-deployed or updated? (or is this planned for a future release).

Regards

Kashif

Checked by AVG.