geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt-use...@squeakydolphin.com>
Subject Re: Pebble installation
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:20:50 GMT
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:29:55 -0500, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> Kenneth,
>
> I made one change to the geronimo-web.xml file that you sent me.  Also,
> I deployed to Geronimo/Tomcat rather than Jetty.
>
> I have attached the edited web.xml and geronimo-web.xml files.
>
> The one thing that I changed was to remove the virtual host line from
> the geronimo-web.xml.  You should be able to set up virtual hosts.  I
> haven't ever done so myself - but there are pages on the wiki that
> describe how to do it.

Thanks for looking into this.  The line you are commenting out in the
geronimo-web.xml file is there to do virtual hosting under Jetty.  In
fact, that's the only thing you need to do virtual hosting under Jetty.
So I doubt that this is the problem.  I'm deploying it to Geronimo right
now without that line in the geronimo-web.xml file, so we'll have our
answer in a second.

As I suspected, I'm getting the exact same results as I did before.

So now this looks like a Jetty vs. Tomcat issue instead of a Geronimo
issue.  Should I take this up with the maintainer?  Are there known
gotchas here?

Thank you.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>