geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt-use...@squeakydolphin.com>
Subject Re: Pebble installation
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:42:42 GMT
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:06:38 -0500, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> Hello Kenneth,
>
> Could you let us know what version of Geronimo you are using and what
> other steps (if any) you went through to deploy pebble?

I'm using the latest stable release of Geronimo with Jetty.  I had to
change the web.xml file in pebble before deployment.  I removed the
references to Atom and I commented out the lines related to Java Mail.
After this the pebble.war file would deploy without any problems.
Contact me and I'll send you the pebble.war file with the modifications
and the geronimo-web.xml file.

Actually, if you used your real email, I'll send it to you in a sec.

> I tried to deploy the pebble.war file and I got an error: (on Geronimo
> 2.1)
>
> Deployment failed:
> Failed to load servlet class
> com.sun.syndication.propono.atom.server.AtomServlet

That is expected.  I contacted the author of Pebble and he told me what
to comment out in the web.xml file.  Apparently it doesn't cause problems
on all servlet containers.

> Are you sure that it actually deployed fine? Did you check the log file?
>  And does it appear in the list of installed apps on the "Web App WAR's"
> page of the web console?

Yes, it took some effort, but it did deploy correctly.  It does appear in
the list and is marked as running.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>