geronimo-user mailing list archives

From CG <learn....@gmail.com>
Subject No registered metadata for type "class <entitybean class>"
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:44:32 GMT
Initially feel that it should be openjpa question , so sent to openjpa
user mailing list. However,  seems like it is not active. Therefore,
forward it to geronimo mailing list to get some help .

=============================

Hi all , I am a newbie of openjpa , and using openjpa to run on
 geronimo, coding using eclipse

 I face a runtime error sounds

 No registered metadata for type "class
 com.quesofttech.entity.Material".

 where "Material" is a class name of my EntityBean ,
 com.quesofttech.entity is the package name.

 I have search the google , and understand that it may caused by
 configuration problem, in persistence.xml and orm.xm, however, I still
 cannot figure out what is the problem. l

 my orm.xml is plain with no entity mapping.

 orm.xml
 =======
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <entity-mappings xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm"
 xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm
 http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm_1_0.xsd" version="1.0">
 </entity-mappings>

 Here is the persistence.xml for the reference
 ======================
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <persistence version="1.0"
 xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
 http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
        <persistence-unit name="EJBStructsEJB">
            <description>Entity Beans for Material</description>

                <jta-data-source>mysql</jta-data-source>
               <class>com.quesofttech.entity.MaterialType</class>
               <class>com.quesofttech.entity.Material</class>
               <properties>
value="false"/>
 value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
                <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
 value="jdbc:mysql:localhost:3306/ERP"/>
                        <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName"
value="root"/>
                        <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword"
value="xxxxxx"/>
            </properties>
        </persistence-unit>
 </persistence>

 May I know what is the function and purpose of persistence.xml and
orm.xml for ?
 my understanding is , orm.xml is for entitybean and databases mapping
 (table and field) , and persistence.xml is to define which entitybean
 suppose to be persistent. Is it correct ?

 Any help is appreciated , thanks.

 CG