geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to run Ejb program on geronimo
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:09:01 GMT
My apologies for not seeing that you are trying to name your ejb the
same as the spec required MEJB.  I recommend you remove the jndi-name
tag from your openejb-jar.xml plan and use the default binding
location that you can see by looking at the log of deployment of your
app.

In the future please examine the environment for signs of errors and
report them all.  In this case the deployment error occurred well
before you tried to access the ejb and knowing about it would have
helped give better advice sooner.  BTW my previous comment that you
are actually looking up the spec-required MEJB home rather than your
ejb is borne out by the deployment error.

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 7, 2008, at 11:22 PM, atul12345 wrote:

> [...]
>>>         http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd"
>>> version="2.1">
>>>        <description>Example of a session bean</description>
>>>        <display-name>MyTimeBeanEJBName</display-name>
>>>        <enterprise-beans>
>>>                <session id="Session_MyTime">
>>>
>>>                        <ejb-name>My.DemoEJB</ejb-name>
>>>                        <home>My.DemoHome</home>
>>>                        <remote>My.DemoInter</remote>
>>>                        <ejb-class>My.DemoBean</ejb-class>
>>>
>>>                        <session-type>Stateful</session-type>
>>>                        <transaction-type>Container</transaction-
>>> type>
>>>                </session>
>>>        </enterprise-beans>
>>> </ejb-jar>
>>>
>>> *************openejb.xml***********
>>>

>>> <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1"
>>>              xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
>>> naming-1.1"
>>>             xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
>>>              xmlns:security="
>>> http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
>>>  xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
>>>

>>>  <enterprise-beans>
>>>    <session>
>>>             <ejb-name>My.DemoEJB</ejb-name>
>>>             <jndi-name>ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome</jndi-name>
>>>     </session>
>>>  </enterprise-beans>
>>> </openejb-jar>
>>>

>>> ***********my client**************
>>>

>>> import java.util.*;
>>> import javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject;
>>> import javax.naming.*;
>>> import javax.rmi.*;
>>> import My.*;
>>>

>>> public class Client {
>>>
>>>        /**
>>>         * @param args
>>>         */
>>>        public static void main(String[] args) {
>>>                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
>>>                try {
>>>
>>>                        Properties properties=new Properties();
>>>            properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
>>> "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
>>>
>>> properties.put("java.naming.provider.url","ejbd://localhost:4201");
>>>
>>>            Context ctx=new InitialContext(properties);
>>>                         System.out.println("ic = " + ctx);
>>>
>>>                        //MyTimeLocal myTimeLocal =
>>> (MyTimeLocal)context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/MyTimeBean");
>>>                       // My.DemoInter remoteObj
>>> =(My.DemoInter)ctx.lookup("ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome");
>>>                       Object
>>> object=ctx.lookup("ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome");
>>>                       // System.out.println("hello" +object);
>>>                        My.DemoHome ejbHome
>>> =(My.DemoHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(object,My.DemoHome.class);
>>>          System.out.println("hello" +ejbHome);
>>>  My.DemoInter obj1=ejbHome.create();
>>>  System.out.println(obj1.add(4,5));
>>>

>>>                } catch (Exception e) {
>>>                        System.out.println(e);
>>>                        // TODO: handle exception
>>>                }
>>>

>>>        }
>>>
>>> }
>>>

>>> this is log file..........
>>>
>>> 13:02:24,839 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>> 13:02:30,987 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>> 'edit' not
>>> found
>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>> 13:02:34,611 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>> 'edit' not
>>> found
>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>> 13:02:35,732 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>> 'edit' not
>>> found
>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateless
>>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateless Container)
>>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateful
>>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateful Container)
>>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default BMP
>>> Container,
>>> type=Container, provider-id=Default BMP Container)
>>> 13:02:40,046 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default CMP
>>> Container,
>>> type=Container, provider-id=Default CMP Container)
>>> 13:02:40,046 INFO  [config] Configuring app:
>>> default/ejbsample1.jar/1207553559310/jar
>>> 13:02:40,078 INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb DemoEJB:
>>> EjbDeployment(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB)
>>> 13:02:40,079 INFO  [config] Loaded Module:
>>> default/ejbsample1.jar/1207553559310/jar
>>> 13:02:40,976 INFO  [startup] Assembling app:
>>>
>>> /home/atul/santemp/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/var/temp/geronimo-
>>> deployer17419.tmpdir/ejbsample1.jar
>>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Jndi(name=DemoEJBRemoteHome) -->
>>> Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB)
>>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Created
>>> Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB, ejb-name=DemoEJB,
>>> container=Default Stateless Container)
>>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Deployed
>>>
>>> Application(path=/home/atul/santemp/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/
>>> var/temp/geronimo-deployer17419.tmpdir/ejbsample1.jar)
>>> 13:02:41,083 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>> 'edit' not
>>> found
>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'

See
 all the

error

cannot be