geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting up CGI access
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:29:02 GMT
Hi,
sorry for the delay.
On Apr 18, 2008, at 7:21 AM, Ashwill, Steve (Facilities & Services)
wrote:

> I have a custom authentication system that uses Perl to do the
> authenticating. Can anyone provide me information as to how I can
> redirecting incoming requests to use the Perl scripts.  I will the
> include the instructions given for IIS.

I don't think you will have much success using perl inside a java app
server, at least I don't know how to start thinking about doing it.
Looking at the bluestem documentation here
https://www-s4.uiuc.edu/bluestem-notes/

i see there is a java implementation of the bluestem client
https://www-s4.uiuc.edu/bluestem-dist/contrib/javabluestem-0.9.1.tar.gz

There are instructions in the included README that look fairly easy to
follow to install this package to provide application based
authentication using bluestem.

I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a LoginModule implementation that
would allow using bluestem with standard javaee container managed
authentication and authorization.  Although I haven't looked at the
code I'd expect that it would be pretty easy to write such a
LoginModule.  If you or the javabluestem author are interested I'd be
happy to provide advice.

Please let us know if you have problems installing this.

thanks
david jencks