geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JEE application client
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:17:27 GMT

On Apr 15, 2008, at 8:14 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> I don't think the ejb-link will work in this situation.  I think it
> worked in g 1.x and openejb 2.x but from some comments I think I
> remember from david blevins I think the ejb-links only work within
> an ear with g 2.x/openejb 3.x.

They work, you just need to configure your ejb-ref with a name pattern
in your geronimo-application-client.xml plan.

     <application-client xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-client-2.0

">
       <ejb-ref>
         <ref-name>ejb/Converter</ref-name>
         <nam:pattern xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
">
           <nam:artifactId>theIdOfYourEjbJar</nam:artifactId>
           <nam:name>TheConverterEjbName</nam:name>
         </nam:pattern>
       </ejb-ref>
     </application-client>

-David