geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Applications within one Ear - Co-dependent classes
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 22:09:51 GMT
I assume you are using an ee 5 ear with a lib directory so A and B
get the same copy of the common jar.

Assuming you can't just move all the classes into common....

I would have a factory interface and a provider in common:

public interface Factory {
}

public class FactoryProvider {
static Factory factory;

public static void setFactory(Factory factory) {
   this.factory = factory;
}

public static Factory getFactoryInstance() {
return factory;
}

Then B can register a suitable Factory implementation with the
FactoryProvider when it starts up.

Hope this helps
david jencks