geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: adding apache FOP jars to Geronimo Classpath
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:12:18 GMT

On Apr 3, 2008, at 8:23 AM, ilango_g wrote:

> How can I add this as a dependency?
>
> <but do you need to update your app to invoke FOP?>
> Yes. I need to update my app to invoke FOP.
>
> I was referring to Apache FOP ((Formatting Objects Processor). This
> is a
> print formatter driven  by XSL formatting object (XSL-FO). Sorry
> about not
> being clear.
>
> The problem with my WAR archive is that it is already present (as a
> exploded
> war folder)in a prepackaged Application Server customised for a
> Workflow
> application and I am not supposed to disturb that.  I tried adding
> the jars
> to the WEB-INF/lib folder

that should work
> and then added the classpath entries in
> setenv.bat.

dont do that.
> But that did not seem to take care of the problem of adding all
> required classes, I think

The best way to do this is to put the fop jars into the geronimo
repository at appropraite locations (if the jars are in a maven repo
use the same locations)  Then include dependencies on these jars in
your geronimo plan for the web app.

This is pretty basic geronimo information and should be well and
clearly documented.  If you cant quickly find more complete
instructions on http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/ could you file a
jira at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO?

thanks
david jencks