geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: how to run Ejb program on geronimo
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:29:12 GMT

On Apr 9, 2008, at 2:00 AM, atul12345 wrote:

>
> Dear sir,
>
>            Now my problem is i not want to use system's specified jndi
> name, now i want to use any client give any own jndi name and server  
> without
> any [roblem lookup that name.so please anyone tell me what step i  
> have to
> follow to create own jndi name.
>                Thanks a lot. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I updated this doc for you.

   http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/client-jndi-names.html#ClientJNDINames-SettingtheJNDIname

-David


>
>
> atul12345 wrote:
>>
>> Dear sir,
>>
>>            Thanx a lot...................to give the suitable  
>> response.
>>
>> djencks wrote:
>>>
>>> My apologies for not seeing that you are trying to name your ejb the
>>> same as the spec required MEJB.  I recommend you remove the jndi- 
>>> name
>>> tag from your openejb-jar.xml plan and use the default binding
>>> location that you can see by looking at the log of deployment of  
>>> your
>>> app.
>>>
>>> In the future please examine the environment for signs of errors and
>>> report them all.  In this case the deployment error occurred well
>>> before you tried to access the ejb and knowing about it would have
>>> helped give better advice sooner.  BTW my previous comment that you
>>> are actually looking up the spec-required MEJB home rather than your
>>> ejb is borne out by the deployment error.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Apr 7, 2008, at 11:22 PM, atul12345 wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Dear Sir,
>>>>
>>>>             Thanks for help but this is not my solution. Anyway
>>>> sir i have
>>>> already provided all code that i am using for simple stateless  
>>>> session
>>>> bean.I am using two  interface one is remote interface with one
>>>> method that
>>>> is add and second is home interface and one bean class which
>>>> implements the
>>>> sessionBean interface.and two xml which are ejb-jar.xml and other  
>>>> is
>>>> openejb.xml.after i created one jar file that include the two
>>>> interface,one
>>>> bean class and two xml which are exist in meta-inf.when i deployed
>>>> this jar
>>>> file into the server that show successfully deployed.bt when i  
>>>> checked
>>>> server log file it show Jndi(name=ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome) cannot
>>>> be bound
>>>> to Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/ejb/mgmt/MEJB). Name already
>>>> taken by
>>>> Ejb(deployment-id=mejb/ejb/mgmt/MEJB).
>>>> and when i run my client program get this kind of na  
>>>> error ...........
>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException      at
>>>>  com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>> (PortableR at
>>>>  javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java: 
>>>> 137)
>>>>   at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
>>>>  Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast to
>>>> org.omg.CORBA at
>>>>  com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>> (PortableR
>>>>     ... 2 more
>>>> And my client code is
>>>>
>>>> import java.util.*;
>>>> import javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject;
>>>> import javax.naming.*;
>>>> import javax.rmi.*;
>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>> import java.rmi.RemoteException;
>>>> //import com.prokriti.server.*;
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> public class Client {
>>>>
>>>> 	/**
>>>> 	 * @param args
>>>> 	 */
>>>> 	public static void main(String[] args) {
>>>> 		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
>>>> 		try {
>>>> 			Properties properties=new Properties();
>>>> 	   		properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
>>>> "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
>>>> 	   		properties.put("java.naming.provider.url","ejbd://localhost:
>>>> 4201");
>>>>                       //
>>>>                       Context context = new InitialContext
>>>> (properties);
>>>>                       Object homeObject =
>>>> context.lookup("mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome");
>>>>                        System.out.println("ic = "+homeObject);
>>>>                        //Object abc=PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>> (homeObject,
>>>> DemoHome.class);
>>>>                       DemoHome home =
>>>> (DemoHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(homeObject, DemoHome.class);
>>>>                      DemoInter remote =home.create();
>>>>                      //remote.display();
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> 											
>>>> 		} catch(Exception e) {
>>>>      System.err.println("NamingException: " + e.getMessage());
>>>>    }
>>>> //		catch(RemoteException e) {
>>>> //      System.err.println("RemoteException: " + e.getMessage());
>>>> //    } catch(CreateException e) {
>>>> //      System.err.println("FinderException: " + e.getMessage());
>>>> //    }
>>>> 			
>>>> 		
>>>>
>>>> 	}
>>>>
>>>> }
>>>>
>>>> Problem is i think could not get the correct jndi name. so where to
>>>> find
>>>> correct jndi name and what m i doing wrong.please
>>>> help me ....becoz i have already spent lot of time to resolve that
>>>> problem
>>>> but could not get any suitable response to resolve this problem.so
>>>> i hope to
>>>> Anyone that can help me to resolve this problem..............
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Kevan Miller wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:51 AM, atul12345 <atul.iims@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Dear Sir,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>            Thanks for help but this is not my solution. Anyway
>>>>>> according
>>>>>> to u i am showing the ENTIRE stack trace for this exception and
>>>>>> include
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> exact  source code........
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This is my Exception which is generated during the client program
>>>>>> execute.......
>>>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException
>>>>>>        at
>>>>>> com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>> (PortableR
>>>>>>        at
>>>>>> javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:
>>>>>> 137)
>>>>>>        at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
>>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast  
>>>>>> to
>>>>>> org.omg.CORBA
>>>>>>        at
>>>>>> com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>> (PortableR
>>>>>>        ... 2 more
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks a lot. Looking
>>>>>> forward
>>>>>> to
>>>>>> hearing from you.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>> I sent an earlier response, but it seems to have bounced. Trying
>>>>> again.
>>>>> Apologies, if this is redundant.
>>>>>
>>>>> The above stacktrace indicates a "HelloWorld" class. Yet, the code
>>>>> you
>>>>> supply below is a "Client" class and the line numbers don't match.
>>>>> Thus,
>>>>> we're not sure what you are actually running with... Please make
>>>>> sure you
>>>>> are running the code you think you are. Then, if you still have a
>>>>> problem,
>>>>> give us the code which matches your symptoms.
>>>>>
>>>>> --kevan
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> These are my code..........
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ********remote interface*******
>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>
>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>
>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>>
>>>>>> public interface DemoInter extends EJBObject
>>>>>> {
>>>>>>           public int add(int a,int b) throws RemoteException;
>>>>>> }
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ************home interface***********
>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>
>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> public interface DemoHome extends EJBHome
>>>>>> {
>>>>>> public DemoInter create() throws
>>>>>> CreateException,RemoteException;
>>>>>> }
>>>>>> *************bean class*************
>>>>>>
>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>
>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>
>>>>>> public class DemoBean implements SessionBean
>>>>>> {
>>>>>> int a,b;
>>>>>> private SessionContext context;
>>>>>>  public void setSessionContext(SessionContext ctx)
>>>>>> {this.context=ctx}
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  public void ejbCreate( )
>>>>>>  {
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         System.out.println("ejb Created");
>>>>>>  }
>>>>>>
>>>>>>    public void ejbActivate() 
>>>>>> {System.out.println("ejbActivate()");}
>>>>>>   public void ejbPassivate() 
>>>>>> {System.out.println("ejbPassivate()");}
>>>>>>    public void ejbRemove(){System.out.println("distroyed");}
>>>>>>    public int add(int a,int b) throws RemoteException
>>>>>>   {
>>>>>>          return(a+b);
>>>>>>   }
>>>>>> }
>>>>>>
>>>>>> **********ejb-jar.xml****************
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <ejb-jar id="ejb-jar_1" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>>>>>>        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>>>>        xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>>>>>>        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd"
>>>>>> version="2.1">
>>>>>>       <description>Example of a session bean</description>
>>>>>>       <display-name>MyTimeBeanEJBName</display-name>
>>>>>>       <enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>               <session id="Session_MyTime">
>>>>>>
>>>>>>                       <ejb-name>My.DemoEJB</ejb-name>
>>>>>>                       <home>My.DemoHome</home>
>>>>>>                       <remote>My.DemoInter</remote>
>>>>>>                       <ejb-class>My.DemoBean</ejb-class>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>                       <session-type>Stateful</session-type>
>>>>>>                       <transaction-type>Container</transaction-
>>>>>> type>
>>>>>>               </session>
>>>>>>       </enterprise-beans>
>>>>>> </ejb-jar>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> *************openejb.xml***********
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb- 
>>>>>> jar-2.1"
>>>>>>             xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
>>>>>> naming-1.1"
>>>>>>            xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
>>>>>>             xmlns:security="
>>>>>> http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
>>>>>> xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>   <session>
>>>>>>            <ejb-name>My.DemoEJB</ejb-name>
>>>>>>            <jndi-name>ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome</jndi-name>
>>>>>>    </session>
>>>>>> </enterprise-beans>
>>>>>> </openejb-jar>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ***********my client**************
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> import java.util.*;
>>>>>> import javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject;
>>>>>> import javax.naming.*;
>>>>>> import javax.rmi.*;
>>>>>> import My.*;
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> public class Client {
>>>>>>
>>>>>>       /**
>>>>>>        * @param args
>>>>>>        */
>>>>>>       public static void main(String[] args) {
>>>>>>               // TODO Auto-generated method stub
>>>>>>               try {
>>>>>>
>>>>>>                       Properties properties=new Properties();
>>>>>>           properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
>>>>>> "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
>>>>>>
>>>>>> properties.put("java.naming.provider.url","ejbd://localhost: 
>>>>>> 4201");
>>>>>>
>>>>>>           Context ctx=new InitialContext(properties);
>>>>>>                        System.out.println("ic = " + ctx);
>>>>>>
>>>>>>                       //MyTimeLocal myTimeLocal =
>>>>>> (MyTimeLocal)context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/MyTimeBean");
>>>>>>                      // My.DemoInter remoteObj
>>>>>> =(My.DemoInter)ctx.lookup("ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome");
>>>>>>                      Object
>>>>>> object=ctx.lookup("ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome");
>>>>>>                      // System.out.println("hello" +object);
>>>>>>                       My.DemoHome ejbHome
>>>>>> = 
>>>>>> (My 
>>>>>> .DemoHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(object,My.DemoHome.class);
>>>>>>         System.out.println("hello" +ejbHome);
>>>>>> My.DemoInter obj1=ejbHome.create();
>>>>>> System.out.println(obj1.add(4,5));
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>               } catch (Exception e) {
>>>>>>                       System.out.println(e);
>>>>>>                       // TODO: handle exception
>>>>>>               }
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>       }
>>>>>>
>>>>>> }
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> this is log file..........
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 13:02:24,839 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>>>>> 'edit' not
>>>>>> found
>>>>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>>>>> 13:02:30,987 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>>>>> 'edit' not
>>>>>> found
>>>>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>>>>> 13:02:34,611 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>>>>> 'edit' not
>>>>>> found
>>>>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>>>>> 13:02:35,732 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>>>>> 'edit' not
>>>>>> found
>>>>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>>>>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default  
>>>>>> Stateless
>>>>>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateless  
>>>>>> Container)
>>>>>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default  
>>>>>> Stateful
>>>>>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateful  
>>>>>> Container)
>>>>>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default BMP
>>>>>> Container,
>>>>>> type=Container, provider-id=Default BMP Container)
>>>>>> 13:02:40,046 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default CMP
>>>>>> Container,
>>>>>> type=Container, provider-id=Default CMP Container)
>>>>>> 13:02:40,046 INFO  [config] Configuring app:
>>>>>> default/ejbsample1.jar/1207553559310/jar
>>>>>> 13:02:40,078 INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb DemoEJB:
>>>>>> EjbDeployment(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB)
>>>>>> 13:02:40,079 INFO  [config] Loaded Module:
>>>>>> default/ejbsample1.jar/1207553559310/jar
>>>>>> 13:02:40,976 INFO  [startup] Assembling app:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> /home/atul/santemp/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/var/temp/ 
>>>>>> geronimo-
>>>>>> deployer17419.tmpdir/ejbsample1.jar
>>>>>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Jndi(name=DemoEJBRemoteHome) -->
>>>>>> Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB)
>>>>>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Created
>>>>>> Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB, ejb-name=DemoEJB,
>>>>>> container=Default Stateless Container)
>>>>>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Deployed
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Application(path=/home/atul/santemp/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/
>>>>>> var/temp/geronimo-deployer17419.tmpdir/ejbsample1.jar)
>>>>>> 13:02:41,083 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode
>>>>>> 'edit' not
>>>>>> found
>>>>>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> djencks wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> We seem to be going around in circles.  I don't believe the
>>>>>>> exception
>>>>>>> you show is consistent with the client code you show.  Please  
>>>>>>> show
>>>>>>> the ENTIRE stack trace for this exception and include the exact
>>>>>>> source code as a file so I can see the line numbers from the  
>>>>>>> client
>>>>>>> code matching up with the stack trace.  I cannot investigate
>>>>>>> further
>>>>>>> without some definite correspondence that I can see clearly  
>>>>>>> between
>>>>>>> the pieces of information you supply.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> thanks
>>>>>>> david jencks
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Apr 3, 2008, at 9:51 PM, atul12345 wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Dear sir,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>               I am sure, when i running the client code, got  
>>>>>>>> that
>>>>>>>> Exception. I have already mentioned all exception which throw
>>>>>>>> during the
>>>>>>>> execution of client program.
>>>>>>>>       if u want again so that is....
>>>>>>>> please sir provide me write solution to resolve this problem  
>>>>>>>> becoz
>>>>>>>> i have
>>>>>>>> already spent two to three days resolve it problem.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException
>>>>>>>>        at
>>>>>>>> com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>>>> (PortableR
>>>>>>>>        at
>>>>>>>> javax 
>>>>>>>> .rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:
>>>>>>>> 137)
>>>>>>>>        at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
>>>>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be  
>>>>>>>> cast to
>>>>>>>> org.omg.CORBA
>>>>>>>>        at
>>>>>>>> com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>>>> (PortableR
>>>>>>>>        ... 2 more
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks a lot.  
>>>>>>>> Looking
>>>>>>>> forward to
>>>>>>>> hearing from you.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> djencks wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Are you sure you are running the client code you show?  The  
>>>>>>>>> error
>>>>>>>>> indicates you are using PortableRemoteObject.narrow() rather
>>>>>>>>> than the
>>>>>>>>> simple cast in the client code you showed earlier.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Is the CCE happening on the client?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I'm unable to see how the exception you show can be coming
>>>>>>>>> from the
>>>>>>>>> code you show.  More of the exception stack trace might
>>>>>>>>> possibly be
>>>>>>>>> helpful.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> david jencks
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Apr 2, 2008, at 10:05 PM, atul12345 wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>   Thanks for help but this is not problem that is when i  
>>>>>>>>>> run my
>>>>>>>>>> client
>>>>>>>>>> program that time i get error.......
>>>>>>>>>>           java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be
>>>>>>>>>> cast to
>>>>>>>>>> My.DemoInter
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Actually sir i have already mentioned  interfaces,bean class
>>>>>>>>>> and my
>>>>>>>>>> client
>>>>>>>>>> and xml. so please check that code and tell me what i am  
>>>>>>>>>> doing
>>>>>>>>>> wrong.
>>>>>>>>>> Actually sir i had spent already three days to run one simple
>>>>>>>>>> ejb
>>>>>>>>>> program i
>>>>>>>>>> think geronimo server is not good for ejb.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> please help me  to give suitable response..........
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> vhnguy2 wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Atul,
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> It looks like you're doing a remote lookup. I think your  
>>>>>>>>>>> client
>>>>>>>>>>> code
>>>>>>>>>>> should look something similar to
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> My.DemoInter remoteObj =(My.DemoInter)ctx.lookup(<jndi for
>>>>>>>>>>> remote
>>>>>>>>>>> interface>);
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Let me know if this works.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>> Viet
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:12 AM, atul12345 <atul.iims@gmail.com 
>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> atul12345 wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Sir,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>         Thanks for help. I appreciate your attention. See
>>>>>>>>>>>>> ya!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>      This is my ejb-jar.xml file here i do have  all the
>>>>>>>>>>>>> classes
>>>>>>>>>>>> means
>>>>>>>>>>>>> interface name.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> <ejb-jar id="ejb-jar_1" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/
>>>>>>>>>>>>> j2ee"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema- 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> instance"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd"
>>>>>>>>>>>>> version="2.1">
>>>>>>>>>>>>>      <description>Example of a session bean</description>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>      <display-name>MyTimeBeanEJBName</display-name>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>      <enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>              <session id="Session_MyTime">
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>                      <ejb-name>My.DemoEJB</ejb-name>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>                      <home>My.DemoHome</home>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>                      <remote>My.DemoInter</remote>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>                      <ejb-class>My.DemoBean</ejb-class>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>                      <session-type>Stateful</session-type>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>                      <transaction-type>Container</
>>>>>>>>>>>>> transaction-
>>>>>>>>>>>>> type>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>              </session>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>      </enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> </ejb-jar>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> When I try to execute my client , I receive this error
>>>>>>>>>>>>> message:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException
>>>>>>>>>>>>>        at
>>>>>>>>>>>>> com 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> .sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>>>>>>>>> (PortableR
>>>>>>>>>>>>>        at
>>>>>>>>>>>>> javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>>>>>>>>> (PortableRemoteObject.java:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 137)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>        at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be
>>>>>>>>>>>>> cast to
>>>>>>>>>>>>> org.omg.CORBA
>>>>>>>>>>>>>        at
>>>>>>>>>>>>> com 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> .sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>>>>>>>>>>>> (PortableR
>>>>>>>>>>>>>        ... 2 more
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks a lot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Looking
>>>>>>>>>>>> forward
>>>>>>>>>>>>> to hearing from you.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> manucet wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Atul,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>            I am not sure but did you specify the home and
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> remote
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> interfaces in the ejb-jar.xml file? If yes it will be
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> helpful
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> if you
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> can provide a test case.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Manu
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 4:33 PM, atul12345
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <atul.iims@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Actually after resolved jndi name problem i get one new
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> error
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that
>>>>>>>>>>>> is
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My.DemoHome
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  if anyone have any idea what is this so please give  me
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> suitable
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> soluation
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to resolve that problem.........
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> atul12345 wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dear Sir,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>              I am new programmer to Geronimo and EJB
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> which
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> are
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> running on
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gentoo. i am createing stateful session bean like
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that........
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is remote Interface..........
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public interface DemoInter extends EJBObject
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>           public int add(int a,int b) throws
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RemoteException;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is Home Interface..........
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public interface DemoHome extends EJBHome
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public DemoInter create() throws
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CreateException,RemoteException;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is Bean class............
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> package My;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import java.rmi.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import javax.ejb.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public class DemoBean implements SessionBean
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>         public DemoBean() {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                           }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>        public void ejbCreate()
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>        {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>           System.out.println("ejbCreate()");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>        }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>        public void ejbRemove()
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>        {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>           System.out.println("ejbRemove()");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>        }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public void ejbActivate()
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   System.out.println("ejbActivate()");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public void ejbPassivate()
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   System.out.println("ejbPassivate()");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public void setSessionContext(SessionContext ctx){}
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public int add(int a,int b) throws RemoteException
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> return (a+b);
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> open-ejb.xml is where i specified the jndi name
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <openejb-jar
>>>>>>>>>>>> xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> security-1.1"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deployment-1.1">
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  <enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    <session>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>            <ejb-name>Demo</ejb-name>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> <jndi-name>org.geronimo.ejbsample.HomeBean</jndi-name>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    </session>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  </enterprise-beans>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> </openejb-jar>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and this is my client code...........
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import java.util.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import javax.naming.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import javax.rmi.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> import My.*;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> public class Client {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>        /**
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>         * @param args
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>         */
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>        public static void main(String[] args) {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                try {
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                        Properties properties=new
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Properties
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ();
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "org 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> .apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> properties.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "ejbd://localhost:4201" );
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>            Context ctx=new InitialContext(properties);
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                 My.DemoHome
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> home=(My.DemoHome)ctx.lookup
>>>>>>>>>>>> ("java:org.geronimo.ejbsample.HomeBean");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  My.DemoInter object =home.create();
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  System.out.println(object.add(12,22));
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that is my code, everything is ok means deploy
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> successfully
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> but
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> problem is
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> when i execute client program, that time i get error
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that is
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.geronimo.ejbsample.HomeBean
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> does
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> not exist in the system.  Check that the app was
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> successfully
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deployed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> So if anybody know how to resolve this problem then  
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> please
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> give
>>>>>>>>>>>> me
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> suitable suggestion to resolve this problem..
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> View this message in context:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-program-on-geronimo-
>>>>>>>>>>>> tp16392851s134p16417878.html
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> archive at
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>> View this message in context:
>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-program-on-geronimo-
>>>>>>>>>>>> tp16392851s134p16444488.html
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list  
>>>>>>>>>>>> archive at
>>>>>>>>>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-to-
>>>>>>>>>> run--Ejb-
>>>>>>>>>> program-on-geronimo-tp16392851s134p16465788.html
>>>>>>>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>>>>>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-to- 
>>>>>>>> run--
>>>>>>>> Ejb-
>>>>>>>> program-on-geronimo-tp16392851s134p16482909.html
>>>>>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>>>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> View this message in context:
>>>>>> http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-program-on-geronimo-
>>>>>> tp16392851s134p16535345.html
>>>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run-- 
>>>> Ejb-
>>>> program-on-geronimo-tp16392851s134p16547953.html
>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> -- 
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-to-run--Ejb-program-on-geronimo-tp16392851s134p16582577.html
> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at  
> Nabble.com.
>
>


Mime
View raw message