geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Split-brain problem.
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:33:39 GMT
Strange. The "To" address on this posting is
"users@httpd.apache.org" (at least in my mail reader...

Praveena,
"Split-brain" refers to a problem in clustering where cluster members
are unable to communicate with each other. If a cluster implementation
doesn't take precautions, you may end up with each of the cluster
members believing that they are the primary member -- thus a split
brain, one side doesn't know what the other is doing...

--kevan