geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How can I set ExceptionSorterClass property for my database pool?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:14:44 GMT

On Apr 23, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Sara T wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m new with Geronimo and I need your help to configure my database
> pool.
> In particular I’ve seen that if deploy database pool through the
> Geronimo
> console, by default ExceptionSorterClass property is set as
> org.tranql.connector.AllExceptionsAreFatalSorter: I need to change
> it in
> org.tranql.connector.NoExceptionsAreFatalSorter.
>
> Which is the best way to do that?

The very best way to do this is to write a database-specific wrapper,
such as tranql has for derby, db2, postgres, mysql, and oracle.  Many
databases have XADatasources or PooledDataSources that already notify
the environment in case of a fatal connection error, and using one of
these avoids the obvious problems with both provided exception sorters.

> Should I change it in
> tranql-connector-ra-1.3.rar\META-INF\ra.xml file and then use Geronimo
> database pool wizard or create my plan and deploy the pool via the
> command-line deploy tool?
> In this second case what happens if, after the deploy, I change other
> properties using the Geronimo console? ExceptionSorterClass property
> can be
> overwritten with the default value? (I don’t know where pool
> properties are
> saved).

You should set the class in your geronimo plan. After deployment the
new value will not be overwritten by changes you make though the
console.

Let us know if you have further problems
thanks
david jencks