geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JEE application client
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:04:24 GMT

On Apr 15, 2008, at 5:17 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2008, at 8:14 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> I don't think the ejb-link will work in this situation.  I think
>> it worked in g 1.x and openejb 2.x but from some comments I think
>> I remember from david blevins I think the ejb-links only work
>> within an ear with g 2.x/openejb 3.x.
>
> They work, you just need to configure your ejb-ref with a name
> pattern in your geronimo-application-client.xml plan.
>
>     <application-client xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
> j2ee/application-client-2.0">
>       <ejb-ref>
>         <ref-name>ejb/Converter</ref-name>
>         <nam:pattern xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
> naming-1.2">
>           <nam:artifactId>theIdOfYourEjbJar</nam:artifactId>
>           <nam:name>TheConverterEjbName</nam:name>
>         </nam:pattern>
>       </ejb-ref>
>     </application-client>

Thanks for reminding me of the proper syntax here which as usual I
forgot :-) , but I was saying that in earlier geronimo versions, if
the ear is a (server-environment) parent of the standalone javaee app
client, an ejb-link in the app-client dd (not even geronimo plan)
will get resolved to the correct ejb in the ear, since searches for
gbeans are conducted in the set of ancestors of the current module.
Does that work in openejb3?

thanks
david jencks