geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How can I set ExceptionSorterClass property for my database pool?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:40:11 GMT

On Apr 29, 2008, at 5:34 AM, simen2 wrote:

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> You should set the class in your geronimo plan. After deployment the
>> new value will not be overwritten by changes you make though the
>> console.
>>

> Could you please explain how to do this for the tranql local oracle
> adapter?

The idea is that the No/AllExceptionsAreFatal sorters are crude
approximations  to use when you don't have a clue about what the
database driver actually does.  With a db-specific wrapper such as the
oracle local adapter you can't set the exception sorter since
presumably the wrapper has already installed one that is specifically
adapted to the database driver.  If there's something wrong with it
the best plan is to fix it and submit a patch.  In particular the
oracle local wrapper already installs the OracleExceptionSorter.

Hope this clarifies things
david jencks