geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1.1 + ActiveMQ - How do I allow pages to find amq.js?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:02:56 GMT

On Apr 28, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Andrew Thorburn wrote:

> I tried to load up a page (that worked fine when I tested using AMQ
> 5.0) under Geronimo 1.1.1, and it seems that it can't find amq.js.
>
> I know that I had to edit my web.xml file when testing it first time
> around, but upon doing the same thing, it gave an error that it
> couldn't find org.apache.activemq.web.AjaxServlet. Is this likely to
> be a case of me trying to use instructions that are too new?

IIRC Geronimo 1.1.1 includes an AMQ version somewhere around 3.x.  I
don't know that anyone has succeeded in using AMQ 5 with G. 1.1.1.

> I can't really upgrade as that would cause a large number of
> problems with the application I'm adding to (I've come in recently
> and it's quite large), and I don't have time to fix them all.

Even the latest geronimo is still on AMQ 4.1.2....

> The other relevant things are that the project uses Struts (*.do
> stuff, etc), and I'm not entirely sure how that works.
>
> I also tried to add some dependencies to the geronimo-web.xml file,
> but it decided it didn't like the <exclusion> tags. Removed those,
> and it went a bit further: it now says it's "Unable to resolve
> dependency incubator-activemq/activemq-web//"

that doesn't look much like the id for an existing activemq jar.....
are you sure it isn't something like org.apache.activemq/activemq-
web//?  You will also need to get these jars into your geronimo
repository yourself unless you use a geronimo plugin -- and they don't
work well before geronimo 2.1.

> Anyone able to give me some help here? Otherwise I've got a bad
> feeling it'll take a long time to figure this all out by myself.

Do you need AMQ 5? What does the amq.js page do?  Is it included in
the AMQ version geronimo includes?

More questions for you, but I don't understand exactly what you are
trying to do yet.

thanks
david jencks