geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:18:08 GMT

On Apr 14, 2008, at 6:18 PM, Luciano Salotto wrote:

> David,
> Thanks again for another quick replay, I do have xercesImpl.jar in
> my EAR and inverse-classloading=true so app should use that one,
> however, it seems like it still going for the jar in /endorsed
> directory (which you remembered correctly =). I tried removing those
> and still same issue, any other thoughts?

Hi Luciano,
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "I tried removing those...". You
removed inverse-classloading=true and xercesImpl.jar from your EAR? Or
you removed xercesImpl.jar from lib/endorsed?

Do you have an xmlParserAPIs jar in your ear, also? I assume so...
One option would be to remove both jars from your EAR. Or do you want
to keep your EAR artifact the same between WebSphere and Geronimo?

--kevan