geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Luciano Salotto" <lsalo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting classpath for geronimo (problem with setenv.bat)
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:45:51 GMT
Hey David,
I'm working Xasima in the same team, so I'm trying to solve same issue here.
I followed the steps in the wiki to locate the files in the class path by
adding a GBean entry in the geronimo-aplication.xml like this

 <sys:gbean name="BHData"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.sharedlib.SharedLib">
      <attribute name="classesDirs">var/bhData</attribute>
      <reference name="ServerInfo">
            <name>ServerInfo</name>
      </reference>
  </sys:gbean>

When I debug application start, I can see that this works and the files are
retreived and properly parsed. However after that (somewhere else on server
startup wich I can't trace) the server fails to start with following
exception

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
default/BH/1.0/car failed
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:547)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:830)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$1971fefa.startConfiguration(<generated>)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaemon.java:161)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon.java:83)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
    at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
    at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown
start exception
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:514)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:485)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:530)
    ... 14 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration default/BH_BHUI.war/1.0/car failed to start due to the
following reasons:
  The service
J2EEApplication=default/BH/1.0/car,j2eeType=WebModule,name=BHUI.war did not
start because ContainerBase.addChild: start: LifecycleException:
java.io.IOException: Context did not start for an unknown reason

    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:477)
    ... 17 more
[] received stop signal

Any ideas why this could be happening? Got to say I'm working with G2.0
(which comes with WAS CE)

Thanks in advance

Luciano