geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject [Fwd: [VOTE] Geronimo Server 2.1.1 Release - RC2]
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:45:45 GMT
Sorry ... I had intended to copy this list as well ...

Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [VOTE] Geronimo Server 2.1.1 Release - RC2
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:41:28 -0400
From: Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net>
To: Geronimo Dev <dev@geronimo.apache.org>

All,

I've prepared a second release candidate of Geronimo Server 2.1.1 for
your review and vote.

The source for the Geronimo Server 2.1.1 release currently resides here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1.1

When the release vote is approved, I will svn mv the code to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/2.1.1

An archive of this source code can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/geronimo-2.1.1-dist-rc2/geronimo-2.1.1-src.tar.gz

http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/geronimo-2.1.1-dist-rc2/ contains the 10
Java EE, Minimal, and Framework server binary distributions to be
released (framework, tomcat/jetty, Java EE/Minimal, tar/zip) as well as
the RELEASE_NOTES and source code archives for the release.

For your convenience, here are pointers to the urls for the
distributions in zip format:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/geronimo-2.1.1-dist-rc2/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.1-bin.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/geronimo-2.1.1-dist-rc2/geronimo-jetty6-minimal-2.1.1-bin.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/geronimo-2.1.1-dist-rc2/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.1-bin.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/geronimo-2.1.1-dist-rc2/geronimo-tomcat6-minimal-2.1.1-bin.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/geronimo-2.1.1-dist-rc2/geronimo-framework-2.1.1-bin.zip

The maven artifacts for the release can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/geronimo-2.1.1-rc2/

When the release vote is approved, these maven artifacts will be moved
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository at Apache.

[ ] +1 Release Geronimo 2.1.1
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release Geronimo 2.1.1 (please provide rationale)

I'll plan on calling this vote on Sunday evening (11 PM EST).

I will start tck runs shortly on these images.

Joe Bohn