geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Substitute geronimo javamail with sun implementation
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:44:18 GMT
maho77 wrote:

> Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> I think others will need to help you with the configuration, but please
>> report the errors you're seeing with the Geronimo POP3 implementation.
>> We'll see if we can get them fixed for you.
>>
>> Rick
>>

> I think the problem I have has something to do with
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3539 GERONIMO-3539 . Further
> there is another solved bug regarding some exceptions in the Message
> implementation. Is it possible to build only the mail-module and mail-config
> from svn-trunk and install it on my geronimo 2.0.2 installation? Or do I
> have to build the whole Geronimo from scratch (Which doesn't work)? I have
> to say that I have no experiences with maven.

That's not the correct thing to rebuild to pick up this fix.  The
javamail implementation is a subproject of Geronimo, and is not in the
main Geronimo source tree.  The 1.4 javamail release contains the Jira
you reference, but I don't see how that would have an effect on a POP3
operation.  This version also contains a fairly significant upgrade to
the POP3 code, so it's possible this error might have been fixed.

You can download the latest version from here:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/javamail/geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail/1.4/

Just replacing the equivalent jar in the repository should be sufficient.

I'd be able to give you more assistance if you'd provide some specifics
about the errors you're receiving.  Also, the 1.4 version has improved
debug support in the POP3 provider, so turning on the mail.debug
property in the session should give a lot of useful information for
diagnosing this.

Rick