geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pebble installation
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 02:29:55 GMT
Kenneth,

I made one change to the geronimo-web.xml file that you sent me.  Also,
I deployed to Geronimo/Tomcat rather than Jetty.

I have attached the edited web.xml and geronimo-web.xml files.

The one thing that I changed was to remove the virtual host line from
the geronimo-web.xml.  You should be able to set up virtual hosts.  I
haven't ever done so myself - but there are pages on the wiki that
describe how to do it.

Here are the pages for version 2.1.

Jetty:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-virtual-hosts-in-geronimo-jetty.html

Tomcat:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-virtual-hosts-in-geronimo-tomcat.html

I did get some deployment messages:

<snip of geronimo.log>
21:14:51,081 WARN  [JspModuleBuilderExtension] Invalid transformed taglib
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor: errors:

jar:file:/opt/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.1/repository/default/pebble/2.3/pebble-2.3.war/WEB-INF/lib/pebble-2.3.jar!/META-INF/pebble.tld:161:7:

error: cvc-enumeration-valid: string value 'PAGE' is not a valid
enumeration value for variable-scopeType in namespace
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee

Descriptor:
<taglib xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_1.xsd"
version="2.1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee">
   <description>The core Pebble tags.</description>
   <tlib-version>2.0</tlib-version>
   <short-name>pebble</short-name>
   <uri>http://pebble.sourceforge.net/pebble</uri>
   <tag>
     <description>Builds a calendar control for use on the blog
pages.</description>
     <name>calendar</name>
     <tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.CalendarTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Creates a HTML select control based upon a collection
of objects.</description>
     <name>select</name>
     <tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.SelectTag</tag-class>
     <attribute>
       <name>name</name>
       <required>true</required>
       <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
     </attribute>
     <attribute>
       <name>size</name>
       <required>false</required>
       <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
     </attribute>
     <attribute>
       <name>multiple</name>
       <required>false</required>
       <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
     </attribute>
     <attribute>
       <name>label</name>
       <required>false</required>
       <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
     </attribute>
     <attribute>
       <name>value</name>
       <required>false</required>
       <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
     </attribute>
     <attribute>
       <name>items</name>
       <required>true</required>
       <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
       <type>java.lang.Object</type>
     </attribute>
     <attribute>
       <name>selected</name>
       <required>false</required>
       <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
       <type>java.lang.Object</type>
     </attribute>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Includes the body content only if the current user is
a blog admin user.</description>
     <name>isBlogAdmin</name>
     <tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.IsBlogAdminTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Includes the body content only if the current user is
a blog admin or blog owner user.</description>
     <name>isBlogAdminOrBlogOwner</name>

<tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.IsBlogAdminOrBlogOwnerTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Includes the body content only if the current user is
a blog owner of the current blog.</description>
     <name>isBlogOwner</name>
     <tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.IsBlogOwnerTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Includes the body content only if the current user is
a blog publisher of the current blog.</description>
     <name>isBlogPublisher</name>

<tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.IsBlogPublisherTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Includes the body content only if the current user is
a blog contributor of the current blog.</description>
     <name>isBlogContributor</name>

<tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.IsBlogContributorTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Includes the body content only if the current user
authorised for the current blog.</description>
     <name>isAuthorisedForBlog</name>

<tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.IsAuthorisedForBlogTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Includes the body content only if the current user has
been authenticated.</description>
     <name>isAuthenticated</name>

<tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.IsAuthenticatedTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Includes the body content only if the current user has
not been authenticated.</description>
     <name>isNotAuthenticated</name>

<tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.IsNotAuthenticatedTag</tag-class>
   </tag>
   <tag>
     <description>Exposes a variable containing entries from the
specified feed.</description>
     <name>getFeed</name>

<tag-class>net.sourceforge.pebble.web.tagext.NewsFeedReaderTag</tag-class>
     <variable>
       <name-given>feedEntries</name-given>
       <variable-class>java.util.List</variable-class>
       <scope>PAGE</scope>
     </variable>
     <attribute>
       <name>url</name>
       <required>true</required>
       <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
       <type>java.lang.String</type>
     </attribute>
   </tag>
</taglib>

         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.xmlbeans.XmlBeansUtil.validateDD(XmlBeansUtil.java:187)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jasper.deployment.JspModuleBuilderExtension.convertToTaglibSchema(JspModuleBuilderExtension.java:674)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jasper.deployment.JspModuleBuilderExtension.parseTldFile(JspModuleBuilderExtension.java:439)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jasper.deployment.JspModuleBuilderExtension.getListenerClasses(JspModuleBuilderExtension.java:424)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jasper.deployment.JspModuleBuilderExtension.createJspClassFinder(JspModuleBuilderExtension.java:180)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jasper.deployment.JspModuleBuilderExtension.addGBeans(JspModuleBuilderExtension.java:149)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.addGBeans(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:497)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.addGBeans(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:165)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:647)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
21:14:53,134 WARN  [DefaultSecurityRealm] *** Creating default user
(username/password)
21:14:53,134 WARN  [DefaultSecurityRealm] *** Don't forget to delete
this user in a production deployment!
21:14:53,337 WARN  [AbstractSecurityInterceptor] Could not validate
configuration attributes as the MethodDefinitionSource did not return a
ConfigAttributeDefinition Iterator

</snip of geronimo.log>

But I was able to access the blog at http://localhost:8080/pebble

Hopefully the virtual hosts entries in the wiki will help you get that
last part set up.

Jay